Planet Ring Online

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Planet Ring Online

Post#141 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:25 pm

Vampyre Mike wrote:I don't own a copy of Planet Ring yet because I only have a BBA and didn't think it would work with it, BUT! I received this email from a subscriber of mine on Youtube. Does it hold any water?
He said the following: ...

Wow! That guy has no clue what he's talking about! :lol: schtserv is a PSO server and has nothing to do with Planet Ring. Also, PR will never work with a broadband adapter as it was programmed for a modem. You would need the original source code (which probably doesn't even exist anymore) and some rad programming skills to add support for a broadband adapter.

I wish you could play it with the broadband adapter but unfortunately it's just not possible.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Neoblast
Developer

Post#142 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:38 pm

dial up only. the game does not support bba.
Anyone who says otherwise is telling bullshit.
Nice try you fool! lol BBQ!

Vampyre Mike
Roadster

Post#143 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:44 pm

Neoblast wrote:dial up only. the game does not support bba.
Anyone who says otherwise is telling bullshit.

I figured the guy wasn't sure what he was talking about once the link pointed to the PSU site, thanks guys =)

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#144 » Wed May 28, 2014 8:25 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
konio38 wrote:Hey there guys im trying to connect to the PR server i have burned the patcher but when im trying to connect im allways getting a "There is no response from the login server" error

I believe the server is down for a few days for maintenance.

same error i got to any ideas on when it will be back up and running?

Neoblast
Developer

Post#145 » Wed May 28, 2014 10:18 pm

It should be up, make sure your connection is working as it should and that you are using planet ring patcher to connect to the server.

Favrenation
Outrun

Post#146 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:28 pm

When is the voipearth program going to be released? I kind of want to test the program with this game and maybe even dreamcall.
PS2 Online Gaming

Neoblast
Developer

Post#147 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 am

Favrenation wrote:When is the voipearth program going to be released? I kind of want to test the program with this game and maybe even dreamcall.

As it is currently, it's hard to get it working and buggy. It works 2/3 times but it's not pretty. It does the job. We'd like to do something more fine or at least fix it before we release it. But we are busy and we haven't had the time to do so.

Planet ring does have voip as is in our server. The thing is, because of how the game is made, if you use a dc-pc or netopia or any similar methods the game gets the other player's internal ip ( 192.168.X.X in example ) and tries to send the voice packets there. Hence why it won't worl over internet.

What this program does is get those packets and redirect them to the other player's external ip.

Using ISP dial up, voip works perfectly.

Mytho
dark night

Post#148 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:08 pm

I finally got around to playing Planet Ring with another user here, but we ran into some issues that prevented us from playing very long. One of the mini games, Splash, simply didn't work for us. It would hang on 'Waiting for player' until we both quit.

The second game we tried, Dream Dorobo, worked haphazardly at best. The first several games of Dream Dorobo we played worked fine, but after the third or fourth game, we were unable to continue. Whoever initiated the game could select a level and see the map, but the other player would be stuck at the menu while the message 'Waiting you buddy' kept flashing.

We're both using Linux PC-DC servers with the proper ports forwarded (except the VoIP ports) and legitimate copies of the game. We'll try opening the VoIP ports tonight to see if that makes any difference.

Neoblast
Developer

Post#149 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:10 am

Planet Ring depends HEAVILY on UDP packets, that means that if any of both your settings block UPD packets, any firewall or something, things like that will happen.

Try putting the dreamcast's local IP on the dc-pc linux server is on DMZ, and disable any kind of firewalls. It will work much better.

Neoblast
Developer

Post#150 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:41 pm

We are preparing a nice update for the Planet Ring Server. Adding things like a webquery to check online users from a website and some other things/fixed to enhance the experience.

We'll keep you posted!