Planet Ring Online

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

atreyu187
brutal

Re: Planet Ring Online

Post#111 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:21 pm

Trying to avoid swapping disc but thanks, the DNS trick is working great on PSO using my retail Euro disc.

EDIT

Planet Ring Earth Call Project DC-Talk DNS Redirect Binary

There is the 1ST_READ.BIN for anyone that might want to do this themselves. It is LBA 45000 so one can easily use with Family Guy's Selfboot data pack v1.4. It redirects to the servers with no need for the boot disc. It came from my personal GD-ROM dumped with the latest httpd-ack and matches TOSEC/Trurip databases. I will be posting a new rip of this auto connect. There is one floating around and thanks for that but it isn't properly dummied out with a few other things so I figured a nice proper would be great. I also added the "Earth Call Project" logo on the Sega splash screen in respect of the team and developers as a sign that it is there hard work we can enjoy this. Also a 580,750,000 byte dummy file will pad out the RAW data files from a GD dump to 79:59:63 at LBA 45000 if all files are done properly. Also using this LBA requires no hacking to the binary or other files resulting in the passport files working as well easily with known clean files form GD-ROM and proper sort order.

Neoblast
Developer

Post#112 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:18 pm

atreyu187 wrote:Trying to avoid swapping disc but thanks, the DNS trick is working great on PSO using my retail Euro disc.

EDIT

Planet Ring Earth Call Project DC-Talk DNS Redirect Binary

There is the 1ST_READ.BIN for anyone that might want to do this themselves. It is LBA 45000 so one can easily use with Family Guy's Selfboot data pack v1.4. It redirects to the servers with no need for the boot disc. It came from my personal GD-ROM dumped with the latest httpd-ack and matches TOSEC/Trurip databases. I will be posting a new rip of this auto connect. There is one floating around and thanks for that but it isn't properly dummied out with a few other things so I figured a nice proper would be great. I also added the "Earth Call Project" logo on the Sega splash screen in respect of the team and developers as a sign that it is there hard work we can enjoy this. Also a 580,750,000 byte dummy file will pad out the RAW data files from a GD dump to 79:59:63 at LBA 45000 if all files are done properly. Also using this LBA requires no hacking to the binary or other files resulting in the passport files working as well easily with known clean files form GD-ROM and proper sort order.

That alone won't work in dc-pc/netopia as planet ring (unless you hack that) requires dial tone to work.
Nice try you fool! lol BBQ!

atreyu187
brutal

Post#113 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:29 pm

Nah I have netopia and a TLS to "dial in" for the game. Just finished building my image from my disc (which matched TOSEC's hashes) and tested it out. If it is ok with the development team I would like to share the image. There is another already going around of the old scene rip it seems. I extracted those files to compare with my raw data and like most scene rips there was varying hashes from the verified data. It is also only dummied to 62min of an 80min disc while mine is 79:59:68 and has the original sort order and LBA of the GD-ROM as I left the binaires unhacked. It also seems to make the passport files work. I would like to edit the html to redirect it to DC-Talk for more info about the game/project. This is all depends on the reply from the dev team as I know Blue Crabs stance on games not on a retail disc as the connect disc only works for retail disc just like his PSO loader.

Neoblast
Developer

Post#114 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:34 pm

Well, but it still won't work with dc-pc as they don't "dial in". The loader also applies a blind dial hack.

We do not support piracy, that's why the loader will only work with the original game.

atreyu187
brutal

Post#115 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:39 pm

Fully aware of your stance on this and why I did not directly apply your work to the image nor will I ever do that. I was looking at the discs raw files to see how it worked but did not plan on trying to incorporate it into a selfbooting image.

TacT
Uber

Post#116 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:05 pm

I am anxious to get a copy of this and try the game ,I hope it works on my setup!
it looks weird lol

Oh Could this project be used to get other similar games back online as well? =D hope so!

it's still thinking.

TacT
Uber

Post#117 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:00 am

well since I won't be able to get a GD Original of the game, and the patcher will only work with an original, and the so called "auto connect" discs i found to download don't seem to work right, not to mention blind dialing. Looks like I can't play this online so far.

Have fun everyone= )

it's still thinking.

konio38
undertow

Post#118 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:42 pm

Hey guys according to the sticky post the server is back up but im still getting a "There is no response from the login server" error, im using a PC-DC setup with windows 98 using a model B modem with Line Inductor both PSO and Dreamkey connect fine planet ring though is not working, any sugestions?

Neoblast
Developer

Post#119 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:17 pm

WHAt verison of the game are you using? are you using the loader?
Can you get connection logs to check whats wrong?

konio38
undertow

Post#120 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:25 pm

Im using the original GD-ROM with the loader, as far for connection logs i may try and install wireshark to see whats wrong (if you have anyother sugestions to check out logs please tell), but from what i can tell you its preaty much instantly has the dreamcast connects to the pc-dc server, preaty much a second.