DC-Talk Game Servers Status

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

BlueCrab
Developer

Re: DC-Talk Game Servers Status

Post#91 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:31 pm

Vega appears to have disconnected from the shipgate somehow... Just letting you guys know so you can restart it when you get a chance.

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#92 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:46 pm

Thanks for letting me know. I just restarted the ship. I'm in the process of setting up our new server right now. I just installed some automation scripts to start everything and it appears Vega must have crashed on the current server when it launched on the new one. The incoming ports are still blocked on the new server so if you see our ship having problems connecting its likely the new server. I should have everything completely transitioned within the next week or so.
Regards,
brourke228

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#93 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:31 am

Just FYI all the DC-Talk game servers will be in and out over the weekend while I test out the new machine and start to migrate everything. And while it is online there may be some issues.
Regards,
brourke228

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#94 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:56 pm

The new server is now completely up and running. We're running FreeBSD 10.1-release now on brand new hardware. If anyone is having issues connecting to game servers or any other related issues please post them here. Since the server has switched over there have been a couple of changes...

The Dreamcast-Talk Q3 servers have changed their port numbers. The DC-talk FFA server is now port 27962 and the CTF server is now port 27963. The IP address has not changed. So if you connect by manually typing in the server address make note of this. If you connect using our master server then you shouldn't notice any difference.

Also I have updated our 4x4 Evo backend files with a new track query url. Thanks to FuzzyFish, we now have custom downloadable in-game tracks in 4x4 Evolution!
Regards,
brourke228

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#95 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:23 pm

Vega's down at the moment, because I messed a few things up on the firewall on the main Sylverant box. I've sent a message to Impulse on the subject already -- all that should need to happen is to have Vega restarted on your end.

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#96 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:20 pm

I just restarted it. According to the ship list on sylverant.net Vega is offline, but on my server it shows it as being connected. I think there may still be an issue on your end.
Regards,
brourke228

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#97 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:56 pm

Hrm... Try restarting it again... Palmacosta appears to have just come back up, so it's possible that the tweaks I just made fixed it...

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#98 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:14 pm

Yeah looks like its working now. I can see it on the ship list. Thanks.
Regards,
brourke228

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#99 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:24 pm

Thanks for getting it back up relatively quickly after my mistake took it down. :)

Impulse
Admin

Post#100 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:09 pm

Our server IP changed to: 173.69.38.20. Max Pool save will be updated shortly.
-Impulse