DC-Talk Game Servers Status

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Re: DC-Talk Game Servers Status

Post#61 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:18 pm

Have you tried setting dreamcast to DMZ or port forwarding? Are you using a proxy or vpn? Or is there any reason you can think of that my server would see your ip address as something different than what it is? What happens when you connect is the game translates your irc NICK from your ip and game port. If your ip address and port were say 100.100.100.100:13808 then your nick turns into GEGEGEGEDFPA. If your nick were something different then you get that nick does not match error. I'm not sure how the server compares it to your ip though. It might be comparing to your hostname. Does the c-68-83-88-220.hsd1.nj.comcast.net match your ip address? ie is it 68.83.88.220? The evo server we have doesn't really have any documentation so I'm just trying to guess what the problem might be.
Regards,
brourke228

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#62 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:28 pm

Guys, there is a bot setup now for 4x4 Evo. It doesn't have any commands or anything yet but it is holding the place of a couple game channels. All DC players should avoid the channel "Evo2". That is specifically for any PC players that join the server using 4x4 Evolution 2. Since the clients are incompatible it makes sense to separate Evo1 and Evo2 players to avoid game crashes, etc. 4x4 IS cross-platform but only with PC players playing the original 4x4 Evolution.

Regards,
brourke228

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#63 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:28 pm

Our DNS server will be offline for the next week or so while I go through and ban some IP addresses. Someone is DDoSing our server with over 1000 DNS queries per second which is causing a huge CPU load. The game servers will still be up and running but you will not be able to access them through our DNS server for the time being. I apologize for the inconvinience.
Regards,
brourke228

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#64 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:26 pm

The DNS server is now back online. So feel free to use it again.
Regards,
brourke228

namine207
core

Post#65 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:45 pm

Still having issues connecting to the Planet Ring server, made sure that I could browse the web and such, but I'm still getting the constant disconnect using the planet ring patcher.

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#66 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:25 pm

Well I can confirm the planetring server is running right now. I'll try connecting later to see if I have any issue getting on there.
Regards,
brourke228

namine207
core

Post#67 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:53 pm

brourke228 wrote:Well I can confirm the planetring server is running right now. I'll try connecting later to see if I have any issue getting on there.

Okay. Thanks! :D

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#68 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:18 am

I just tried connecting to planet ring and was able to online without any problems. So the server is definitely working. You could try setting your DNS to our server ip 100.40.25.69 and connect that way. I'm not sure why you're disconnecting. Also, unless you are using regular dial up you will need to port forward to get planet ring to work properly.
Regards,
brourke228

namine207
core

Post#69 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:53 pm

It's really strange, I'm using Earthlink as my isp, and planetweb and pso work 100% awesomely, but using both the PSO style earthcall patcher and the Planet Ring skinned one, it disconnects with the error:

"Connection failed...

It is possible that the phone lines are busy, or there is a problem with your connection."

I even changed my dns to the one you said, it didn't seem to change anything. Is there anything I could be doing wrong?

Edit: Woah! Somehow, it seems that I'm online! I have no idea what happened, but it worked! Hope it stays this way! :D

Edit 2: No response from the login server after a few seconds. I hate dial up. XD

Alrighty, so I am able to connect, but for some reason, it seems to only be when my phone is turned on and I can hear the dial up noise out of it. If I leave it on, it will let me connect and play, however when I hang up, the game drops the connection and doesn't redial. It's really strange. >_<

namine207
core

Post#70 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:39 pm

W00t! Just set up the Netopia method and Planet Ring works awesomely! Just one question- when I go to the tables in each of the areas, it says that they're all full. Is this something that would be different if other players were on the server while I was playing? :o

Thanks for all your help! :D