DC-Talk Game Servers Status

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: DC-Talk Game Servers Status

Post#141 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:06 am

sgmx wrote:However i could connect to Pcwzrd13's Server for toy racer (198.133.10.182 / Port: 2048) but can't with the 46.101.91.123 server.

You wouldn't be able to connect to the Toy Racer server if this was a problem with the DNS. Only 46.101.91.123 will allow you to see the Toy Racer server. The DNS server you input on the Dreamcast will be ignored as DreamPi will always use 46.101.91.123.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

eagle0487
noob

Post#142 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:34 am

Hello everybody! Im try to play Quake 3 Arena with bba, but can connect to server dc carnage or my local server. Can someone tell me ip adress and port ?
I was try to connect to 173.69.38.20:27962 but nothing
Sorry for my English)))

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#143 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:51 am

Guys, sorry for the late response I've been very busy lately. As Impulse said we are in the process of getting new server hardware I just ordered the parts yesterday. The motherboard died on our current server and it is no longer usable. However, you may have noticed it came back online yesterday. I hooked up the hard drive to our old server motherboard/cpu from a few years ago so in the meantime while I'm building the new server everything should still be accessible. The new server will probably be online some time late this month or early next month. We might have some disruptions as we transition between them so I'll keep you informed.
Regards,
brourke228

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#144 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:21 am

thanks for the update!

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#145 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:31 pm

As always, thanx!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Impulse
Admin

Post#146 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:13 pm

So the server has been back online for a while now but today marks the deployment of our brand new server. Everything seems to be running like before. And the dc-talk master list is back online.

We plan on addressing issues with 4x4 evolution server as well in the near future.
-Impulse

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#147 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:23 pm

Guys, our 4x4 server should now be working again. It was called to my attention awhile ago that the Evo server was having issues. I've been busy with work but finally had time today to look into it. It looks like our server firewall was dropping the packets being sent to it from the game client even though they were being allowed because it was having trouble tracking the session state. So I just had to remove the keep state option for traffic on the ports that the game uses. I tried connecting in-game and I'm no longer seeing any issues. If anyone is still having problems connecting to our chat server let me know. Thanks.
Regards,
brourke228

RXShorty
photon blast

Re: RE: Re: DC-Talk Game Servers Status

Post#148 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:36 pm

brourke228 wrote:Guys, our 4x4 server should now be working again. It was called to my attention awhile ago that the Evo server was having issues. I've been busy with work but finally had time today to look into it. It looks like our server firewall was dropping the packets being sent to it from the game client even though they were being allowed because it was having trouble tracking the session state. So I just had to remove the keep state option for traffic on the ports that the game uses. I tried connecting in-game and I'm no longer seeing any issues. If anyone is still having problems connecting to our chat server let me know. Thanks.

Awesome to see so much activity!
Thanks, will try the game this weekend.
DreamOn!

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#149 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:53 pm

Thanks brourke! Seems like it's working perfectly now.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Retrojaner
dark night

Post#150 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:10 pm

Is PSO Vega down?