PSO DC-Talk Server Connection guide

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

sonic_shuffle
rebel

Re: PSO DC-Talk Server Connection guide

Post#21 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:19 pm

Actually, that's the version I have, hence why I am even more confused!

EDIT: Do you reckon I need to reset my BBA/internal memory so that I can get this to work? I have another dreamcast I can try with this...

Radkin
PSOaholic

Post#22 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:00 pm

sonic_shuffle wrote:Actually, that's the version I have, hence why I am even more confused!

EDIT: Do you reckon I need to reset my BBA/internal memory so that I can get this to work? I have another dreamcast I can try with this...

What do you mean? You have our version, as in the dc-talk ISO, or do you own the PSOv1 PAL?
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

Impulse
Admin

Post#23 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:20 pm

I think he is using our version.

Sonic_shuffle, welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I'm not 100 % sure on this but I remember doing it to get my pso PAL working with my bba.Typically if you are using pso on bba you have to configure it to work by using the US ver.2 PSO. Download it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D5S0KJ43

Then go to website option and... um that's it. I don't think you even have to change anything there.
-Impulse

sonic_shuffle
rebel

Post#24 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:12 pm

OK, I am in!!!

I am called Charlie :)

I have absolutely no idea what I am doing or how to do it though.

Can't wait to play :)

EDIT: My problem was that Planet Web had given my DC some mental IP and DNS settings. Resetting in PSO V2 USA did the trick. Online with the PAL version now, no idea what to do!

Let me know when you're all playing :)

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#25 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:06 am

If u are connecting, you need to select Vega, then create a team.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

leox001
lithium

Post#26 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:38 am

Hello there, I want to connect to your server, so I asked where to get the PC version of PSOnline, radkin told me to download the version that automatically connects to your server from the main site, that it would work.
As I suspected, it was the CDI Dreamcast image, so I can't play with that on my PC, is there anywhere I can get the game in its PC version (shthhack has not a link to it), since I dont know if I will be able to connect via dial up very often in my dreamcast, since it could only be done late at night and its really expensive, and I cant get a broadband adapter in here, and I cant buy one overseas or I will have to pay the import taxes wich are really high.
So what can I do?

thanks in advance

leox001
lithium

Post#27 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:57 pm

thank you very much smith, again.

I think im gonna leave this downloading all day, 1gb wow, it will take a while.

Torrents go about 1-2kbps in my pc so... it would be cool to upload the isos to megaupload..

TheCoolinator
Vagabond

Post#28 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:33 pm

Be careful of torrents, I just got a letter in the mail reminding me of "Copyright" laws. Kind of nervous.
"Gaps do not get filled by ignoring them"

"Well, see these men follow no man but me......and I follow no man at all."

http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#29 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:10 pm

Do not respond to them. This is what happenned to a friend (IT/Programmer) of mine. If you respond, they got you. He did not, but told me of the tale and what to do if you get a notice.

Where u can safely go to download (in order of my favs):
http://dc-downloads.com/
http://www.dcisozone.com/
http://www.emuparadise.org/roms/roms.php?sysid=1

NOTES:
1. Apparently, SNES-O-RAMA is coming up with a warning about it being a dangerous (attacker) site, so be weary of this one.

2. The first two on my list provide ISO's. The third on my list is one of those multi-WinRAR download "things". These do not always work once you have downloaded and unzipped everything.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

leox001
lithium

Post#30 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:00 pm

TheCoolinator wrote:Be careful of torrents, I just got a letter in the mail reminding me of "Copyright" laws. Kind of nervous.

pffff here in my country official stores sell pirate games, I dont have to worry about that as long as I live in this dump