Getting online...

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

TeamXlink
Rank 9

Re: Getting online...

Post#31 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:52 pm

MikeStutzzzz wrote:right now tux has olmost all popular games in dcres version hydro thunder is made by capt dc and you want that. dcres does make a huge difference in the games so you will want that version even if you arleady burned a diff version

I haven't played Hydro Thunder, but i have played some of the Arcade look-a-likes.

Is it worth a download?

I already have a Quake 3 disc "backed-up", it isn't DCRES, so should I download that one, at the moment the loading times don't seem too terribly bad.

sega2k
Graffiti Grind

Post#32 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:03 pm

Alright I will do my best to download the ones that the DCRes. I just hate using Rapidfire or the other one that Tux uses. It takes forever to download b/c of the wait times. I prefer Megaupload..But whatever. I guess I will sacrifice..

TeamXlink
Rank 9

Post#33 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:06 pm

sega2k wrote:Alright I will do my best to download the ones that the DCRes. I just hate using Rapidfire or the other one that Tux uses. It takes forever to download b/c of the wait times. I prefer Megaupload..But whatever. I guess I will sacrifice..

I too prefer megaupload, but with the jdownloader TuxTheWise links to for his multi-part games, its not that bad with rapidshare.

sega2k
Graffiti Grind

Post#34 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:38 am

It just takes forever because they give u like 120 seconds before you can even download. Also, megaupload gives you faster download speed. But its all good. I using a site called coolroms.com. They let you download as many as you want and they have fast speeds.

1. Can someone give me a link to Capcom vs SNK 2 Millionaire Fight 2001. I cant find it anywhere. Can someone please just just send me the link to the download site

sega2k
Graffiti Grind

Post#35 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:32 pm

I know there are japanese versions of the Dreamcast. And in your videos I noticed that you had a few of them. Is it possible to play any game on them, like US games? Also, since its the Japanese version is there a way to go into the setting to change the language to english? Finally, I know you've prolly heard of people using CD-R's to play import games. But if I were to buy a Japanese Dreamcast couldn't I play the burned discs since the dreamcast can't tell the region? I would appreciate the feedback. Because I want to buy a Japanese version of the dreamcast and play my US games on it.