Reporting bugs with the PSO server

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

BlueCrab
Developer

Re: Reporting bugs with the PSO server

Post#781 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:46 am

Any version of v2 of the game run from Dreamshell's loader will have the same bug.

segaDropping
noob

Post#782 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:31 pm

Hi guys, not sure if this is a bug but I have a problem.

I have a v1 PAL and a v2 NTSCJ.

When I try to get online with my v2 new character (btw v2 says my v1 character is corrupt so i cant play with her anymore?) the game asks for my v1 serial and I have it, in fact it automatically pop out on the text box but the v2 doesnt like it so I cant proceed. What should I do now?.

I would like to play with my v1 character on v2 if possible too, if not, maybe there is a way to play both v1 with her and v2 with another character?

I apologize in advance because Im not sure this is a bug or this is the right forum to ask. Thank you.

rjbr
lithium

Post#783 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:18 pm

Is there a way to remove this security lock and leave the normal pso v2 game in dreamshell?
but in the future someone can fix this.

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#784 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:56 am

segaDropping wrote:Hi guys, not sure if this is a bug but I have a problem.

I have a v1 PAL and a v2 NTSCJ.

When I try to get online with my v2 new character (btw v2 says my v1 character is corrupt so i cant play with her anymore?) the game asks for my v1 serial and I have it, in fact it automatically pop out on the text box but the v2 doesnt like it so I cant proceed. What should I do now?.

I would like to play with my v1 character on v2 if possible too, if not, maybe there is a way to play both v1 with her and v2 with another character?

I apologize in advance because Im not sure this is a bug or this is the right forum to ask. Thank you.

Unfortunately, the region for both keys must match in order to make it work. You'll only be able to play with one of the two going forward, since your games are from different regions (unless you get a PAL copy of v2). The game has a built-in check for the validity of your keys, and the Japanese version is detecting the v1 key as invalid since it is from the wrong region.

In order to use v2, you'll have to erase your flashrom to clear the PALv1 key from it. If you want to switch back and forth between the two characters, you'll essentially have to clear the flashrom every time you try to play the Japanese v2. You may be able to still play the PAL v1 copy without clearing the flashrom (I'm not sure about that one, as I've honestly never tried).

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#785 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:59 am

rjbr wrote:Is there a way to remove this security lock and leave the normal pso v2 game in dreamshell?
but in the future someone can fix this.
I'm sure someone could do it, but it would take a lot of time/effort. There probably isn't anyone around who will actually invest that amount of effort into fixing something that isn't a bug in the game -- it's really something that should be fixed in Dreamshell (since there are obviously ways of loading the game without triggering the code that makes things messed up, as my PSO Patcher can load the game fine from a GD-ROM while patching it for various other things).

segaDropping
noob

Post#786 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:36 pm

BlueCrab wrote:Unfortunately, the region for both keys must match in order to make it work. You'll only be able to play with one of the two going forward, since your games are from different regions (unless you get a PAL copy of v2). The game has a built-in check for the validity of your keys, and the Japanese version is detecting the v1 key as invalid since it is from the wrong region.

In order to use v2, you'll have to erase your flashrom to clear the PALv1 key from it. If you want to switch back and forth between the two characters, you'll essentially have to clear the flashrom every time you try to play the Japanese v2. You may be able to still play the PAL v1 copy without clearing the flashrom (I'm not sure about that one, as I've honestly never tried).

Understood.. so here is another question. I’ve heard that using a random internet-found key would result in losing features from the server. What features are we talking about? Since PSO v2 PAL is way more expensive and Ill probably end playing this way if I can keep my character and playing V1 when I want to.

Thanks, blue crab. Btw are you that “little girl” we talked to back in winter-spring when we found this bug that we would fall from connection when dropping money on the ground?

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#787 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:13 pm

segaDropping wrote:Understood.. so here is another question. I’ve heard that using a random internet-found key would result in losing features from the server. What features are we talking about? Since PSO v2 PAL is way more expensive and Ill probably end playing this way if I can keep my character and playing V1 when I want to.
Using a shared key means you cannot register that key to your account, and thus you lose the ability to use any features that requires registration. This includes the /enablebk function (automatic server-side partial character data backups) and the /trackkill function (participation in server events). That's pretty much it.

Thanks, blue crab. Btw are you that “little girl” we talked to back in winter-spring when we found this bug that we would fall from connection when dropping money on the ground?
A blue-haired FOnewearl named Mina? That is indeed one of my characters.

segaDropping
noob

Post#788 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:10 am

I have to report another bug.

I happened in Altimira 1, Team Onion Rings, Hard mode

It seems there is a chance of dropped weapons being deleted and of course not retrievable (my english is crap, sorry) in the final boss area.

I have PM’d BlueCrab about two cases, It would be nice to recover those weapons :?

legit nyck
lithium

Post#789 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:55 am

segaDropping wrote:I have to report another bug.

I happened in Altimira 1, Team Onion Rings, Hard mode

It seems there is a chance of dropped weapons being deleted and of course not retrievable (my english is crap, sorry) in the final boss area.

I have PM’d BlueCrab about two cases, It would be nice to recover those weapons :?

Bad but normal one day I Lost one S-Rank MECHGUN hahaha Ps: playing alone lol
PSO Info:
Characters: ( legit nyck - lvl evolutiong character Ramar )

p1pkin
shadow

Post#790 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:48 am

I suppose some people here might be interested
https://github.com/p1pkin/psotool

if someone have a PSO VMU save files but lost SN/AK - here is very good news for you ;)