How active is the DreamcastLive Teamspeak server?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Sonicchip1
Fancy Pants Admin

How active is the DreamcastLive Teamspeak server?

Post by Sonicchip1 »

Hello everyone, I'm completely new to this forum. I've had my Dreamcast for a while now and am planning on getting it online soon but I'd like to know just how used the TeamSpeak server is and how active the community is in general before dropping 100 bucks. I also have no clue how to use TeamSpeak and have found zero documentation online so any help with that would be appreciated.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Re: How active is the DreamcastLive Teamspeak server?

Post by pcwzrd13 »

What's $100? lol TeamSpeak is free to use. Just download the program, put in a username and dreamcastlive.net as the server and that's it. It's mainly used on Wednesday Game Nights but it's not really for finding people to play with or anything like that. Just for chatting during games, especially for ones that have no in-game chat.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Sonicchip1
Fancy Pants Admin

Post by Sonicchip1 »

I was talking about the preassembled dreampi kit money wise. I've already downloaded TeamSpeak and joined the server but have never seen anyone on during the scheduled times. Thanks for the info.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

Yeah we're always in the channel for the game we're playing on Wednesdays but we use the in-game chat most of the time. Most games have it but some don't. We do voice chat on occasion as well.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Sonicchip1
Fancy Pants Admin

Post by Sonicchip1 »

I’ve got my Dreamcast mic from seaman a while ago so I’ll be ready to join everyone as soon as I get a raspberry pi

Xiden
Developer
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All the DC games!!

Post by Xiden »

Sonicchip1 wrote:I’ve got my Dreamcast mic from seaman a while ago so I’ll be ready to join everyone as soon as I get a raspberry pi
Or join us on the Dreamcast online discord ;)

Holsten
fragger

Post by Holsten »

You might be better of joining a discord if you like to chat, talk and schedule games with people.
Holsten knallt am dollsten.

Thedom517
rebel

Post by Thedom517 »

Does anyone have a link to the server? Lost my old account a long while ago. getting back into this whole thing. My Dreamcast died and planning to get it fixed tmrw. Thx you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCB4MgPzXVEUKXednwQHtDug Consider subscribing! It helps a lot for my channel! -Dom

OatBob
MegaDeath

Post by OatBob »

SEGA Online discord.

https://discord.gg/khHsxTTQ

This link will expire in 7 days. Request here for a new link.
shinjitsunayu.me/ - web content for DC.