Dreampi 1.8 stuck on boot on pi 4

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Retro-45
letterbomb

Dreampi 1.8 stuck on boot on pi 4

Post#1 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:24 am

Hey guys so i downloaded the new version of dreampi but it getting stuck on boot staying on a rainbow screen anyone know if this is a sd card issue or my pi doing this?

Xiden
Developer

Re: Dreampi 1.8 stuck on boot on pi 4

Post#2 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:23 am

Retro-45 wrote:Hey guys so i downloaded the new version of dreampi but it getting stuck on boot staying on a rainbow screen anyone know if this is a sd card issue or my pi doing this?

You might re-download/re-flash. Sounds like something may have got corrupt potentially.

spinksy
Prince of Persia

Post#3 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:20 am

Xiden wrote:
Retro-45 wrote:Hey guys so i downloaded the new version of dreampi but it getting stuck on boot staying on a rainbow screen anyone know if this is a sd card issue or my pi doing this?

You might re-download/re-flash. Sounds like something may have got corrupt potentially.

I had to do this a couple times after updating (for Daytona) - no idea why but just wouldn't work until 2nd or 3rd try
Dreamcast, it's still thinking.

PSO v2 HuCAST lvl.46
name: Predator

Retro-45
letterbomb

Post#4 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:42 pm

Apology for the late update on this so i been testing and reflashing on different cards and still so far no dice other os work so it’s seem to only be the dreampi image that’s giving me issues odd

pizzapoindexter
shadow

Post#5 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:45 am

ive been having issues getting it to boot myself (though with a 3b+). not sure what could be going wrong with my setup but it looks like youre at least getting further than me on it; doesnt look like mine is booting up at all (just a blank screen). was getting to the point of thinking about grabbing a 4 and trying that version out. come back and update if youre ever able to get it working!

Xiden
Developer

Post#6 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:56 pm

What software and brand of cards are you guys using?

pizzapoindexter
shadow

Post#7 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:16 am

@Xiden

I'm using a sandisk ultra 64gb currently and was using a samsung evo 256 gb previously. for the software, ive tried both the win32 disk imager and the official raspberry pi imager, get the same result out of both

Xiden
Developer

Post#8 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:48 am

pizzapoindexter wrote:@Xiden

I'm using a sandisk ultra 64gb currently and was using a samsung evo 256 gb previously. for the software, ive tried both the win32 disk imager and the official raspberry pi imager, get the same result out of both

Hmmm those are both reliable brands so those should be good. Do you see any activity lights going when you plug it in? Is the red light steady when plugged in? If not it could be that you aren't supplying enough voltage to the pi itself.

As a last resort have you tried flashing Raspbian OS from the official raspberry pi site to rule out any issues with the pi itself?

pizzapoindexter
shadow

Post#9 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:44 pm

Xiden wrote:

Hmmm those are both reliable brands so those should be good. Do you see any activity lights going when you plug it in? Is the red light steady when plugged in? If not it could be that you aren't supplying enough voltage to the pi itself.

As a last resort have you tried flashing Raspbian OS from the official raspberry pi site to rule out any issues with the pi itself?

yup, pi lights seem fine as far as i can tell, and ive tried raspbian with the same setup otherwise, and it seems to boot fine. you can see all the stuff ive documented with my issue in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16922

ive basically decided that i want to try setting it up direct from the github source and try that out lol. just havent had the time to give it a shot yet

Xiden
Developer

Post#10 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:58 pm

pizzapoindexter wrote:
Xiden wrote:

yup, pi lights seem fine as far as i can tell, and ive tried raspbian with the same setup otherwise, and it seems to boot fine. you can see all the stuff ive documented with my issue in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16922

ive basically decided that i want to try setting it up direct from the github source and try that out lol. just havent had the time to give it a shot yet

Have you tried booting it without the network cable and/or modem plugged in? Wondering if a barebones setup will show anything. If you have windows, download PuTTY and try to SSH to the pi (Just type in the Pi's IP Address and see if it allows you to connect that way). Have you tried a different power supply?