Dreampi and UK BT Smart Hub issues Help please

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

TigerMacZ
undertow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: A variety, PSO ver 2

Dreampi and UK BT Smart Hub issues Help please

Post by TigerMacZ »

Hi

I'm trying to get my dreampi online with the wifi mode, it seems to connect fine etc.

But my hub/router seems do go wacky where i dont know how the ip of the pi changes and gets assigned as the ip address of the dreamcast and then when it gets rebooted it gets assigned that same ip address.

in the hub settings when i set a static ip address for the pi it seems to get switched and there doesnt seem to be a ip reservation function or exclusion function from the DCHP in the hub

Anyone have any ideas what i should do?

xiden suggested the post where i go into the pi settings and set a static address? but im not confident in my skills
TigerMacZ
undertow

Re: Dreampi and UK BT Smart Hub issues Help please

Post by TigerMacZ »

Well i contacted BT about it but it seems like the hub/router thing is getting hung up when dreampi connects it switches ip to the dreamcadt one that ends in 98

even with the the DHCP range changed so it starts after the dreamcasts ip address keeps on getting assigned to the pi so any time it connects it wont connect to a game because issues

i havent got a clue what to do and im at my wits end.

and asknig me to assign a static ip for the pi wont help because i tried that before and it was a bit of a disaster

especially when stuff is different compared ot in the turotials etc
pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

There's a custom DreamPi image here that changes the Dreamcast's IP to .97 but I'm not sure that'll fix your issue. It sounds like your router is doing something stupid and purposely assigning the Pi the Dreamcast's IP. No idea why, especially since you changed the DHCP range so that it shouldn't assign .98 to anything.

I think your best bet is to buy your own modem and router and ditch the one your ISP gave you. They're usually crap anyway. lol Plus, they're likely charging you a monthly rental fee to use it so you'll save money in the long run by getting your own.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live
TigerMacZ
undertow

Post by TigerMacZ »

Well i cant exactly ditch the modem/router because of the set up in the house etc

well im trying to see if i can set the pi itself as a static ip but the post about it just confused me where i got to to where it linked to https://sizious.com/2015/08/28/setting- ... -20150505/ as the guide and the post were saying two different thnigs and then didnt exactly say where i have to remove the dhcp thingy

so its literally confused me