Only one of 2 green lights on USB modem adapter

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ColdBlood113
noob
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Chu Chu Rocket

Only one of 2 green lights on USB modem adapter

Post by ColdBlood113 »

Hello,

I watched the tutorial and am only getting 1 of 2 lights on the USB adapter that goes to my DreamPi. Also when the Dreampi is connected via the ethernet port my entire homes network goes down. I verified the DMZ settings on my modem point to the Dreampi. I am not sure what is wrong. I was able to boot the dreampi and see a bunch of data loading on the dreampi via the HDMI cable so I don't think there is a problem with the DreamPi but I could be wrong. Maybe a little technical help might point me in the right direction. I really wanted to do some Chu Chu Rocket online.

lozz
core
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online, Quake III, Starlancer, 4x4 Evo, Maximum Pool, Sega Swirl.

Re: Only one of 2 green lights on USB modem adapter

Post by lozz »

Hey ColdBlood. Before we try diagnosing things further, could you comment on whether you have tried the troubleshooting tips shown on DreamcastLive and if so, what you have found with each of them? https://dreamcastlive.net/troubleshooting/

It would be particularly helpful to know the following:

- Where are you based and what DC are you using (PAL/NTSC-U/NTSC-J)?
- Are you using a line voltage inducer?
- What model of Pi are you using? If you aren't sure, how many usb ports does it have, and does it have built-in WiFi?
- When you login to your router, you should see a list of devices. Does your DreamPi show up in your list of devices (when plugged in and turned on)?
- If it does appear in the list of devices, what IP address does it list for it?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

I'd say your issue is because you put the Pi in DMZ. Someone probably hacked into it and is now using it for bitcoin mining. lol

You NEVER DMZ the Pi. The Dreamcast's IP is what you need to DMZ which has a static IP that ends in .98.

You'll want to fix the DMZ first and then re-flash the DreamPi image.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

lozz
core
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online, Quake III, Starlancer, 4x4 Evo, Maximum Pool, Sega Swirl.

Post by lozz »

An important lesson in attention to detail! Clearly I didn't read you post close enough ColdBlood.... the problem was stated right there in black and white. As PC says, please don't DMZ the Pi! If you're still having issues after you've un-DMZ-ed and re-flashed it, then do loop back, but with any luck you won't need to.