Phantasy Star Online v2 - Serial Numbers

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

amcpartymix
undertow

Phantasy Star Online v2 - Serial Numbers

Post#1 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:04 pm

Hey, guys. I was curious if unique serial numbers are still recommended to play this game online. Based on my research, using a shared serial number (one that’s publicly shared online) will result in you not having a unique guild card and is an outright bannable offense on the Sylverant private server.

All the threads I’ve been reading about on the subject are pretty dated, so I guess I’m just curious if this is something that is still recommended or if we’ve evolved past that with a workaround solution. Otherwise, I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled for a brand new copy of the game.

Thanks everyone.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: Phantasy Star Online v2 - Serial Numbers

Post#2 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:02 pm

You're good

Without a SNAK that you can't call your own/register etcetc your work can't be tracked for the periodic events, you can hunt on Sylverant shared serial+key or not

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#3 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:53 am

You are allowed to play on Sylverant with a shared serial. You will get a unique guild card number, but it may not stay the same (i.e, it might change for various reasons). However, you cannot register a shared serial on the website, which means that anything that requires registration (server events, /enablebk, guaranteeing your guild card won't change) is off limits to you with that shared serial.

amcpartymix
undertow

Post#4 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:28 pm

BlueCrab wrote:You are allowed to play on Sylverant with a shared serial. You will get a unique guild card number, but it may not stay the same (i.e, it might change for various reasons). However, you cannot register a shared serial on the website, which means that anything that requires registration (server events, /enablebk, guaranteeing your guild card won't change) is off limits to you with that shared serial.

Ah, gotcha. Good to know. Thank you.