Do you need a unique serial code for pso?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Retro-45
letterbomb

Do you need a unique serial code for pso?

Post#1 » Thu May 11, 2023 9:10 pm

I was wondering this about pso is there any need for a unique serial code or is the shared one fine to use. And was wondering since there is less copies of original pso game could a system be created similar to the dreampipe bb were when you sign up it creates a unique password, so in this case it could create a unique serial. Just curious if this could work.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: Do you need a unique serial code for pso?

Post#2 » Thu May 11, 2023 9:31 pm

You can but without your own SNAK tied to Sylverant account should you create one you cannot participate in events since won't track your performance, then no goods to trade for

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#3 » Fri May 12, 2023 1:35 am

As of now there is no way to create new unique SNAK, which is quite unfortunate. So it is recommended you try and find a 2nd hand copy that still has the SNAK.PC v2 was cracked years and years ago, but the same never happened for DC. Did anyone ever attempt this for DCv2?

Retro-45
letterbomb

Post#4 » Thu May 25, 2023 12:24 pm

Apologize for bumping this topic. So I read on Sylverant website that if you use a shared SNAK that it’s against the rules for a ban. Is this just a rule on their end or do other sever do the same? And I did find a 2d hand copy of I think pso ver 1 or 2 I need to look, but can say a ver 1 SNAK be used with ver2? Thanks for the help so far.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#5 » Thu May 25, 2023 12:52 pm

It's only against the rules to register a shared SNAK on the website. You can use it in the game.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Thu May 25, 2023 2:10 pm

v1 is universally avoided and Sylverant is the only one to play

When shopping for one be sure if seller confirms SNAK which is a sticker beneath where the disc sits. And then burn Ives' CDI to save your laser and autoconnects! Technical breakthrough

Retro-45
letterbomb

Post#7 » Thu May 25, 2023 2:21 pm

Ok thanks guys I appreciate the help