Connection Challenges Upon Switching Routers

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

altavares57
noob

Connection Challenges Upon Switching Routers

Post#1 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:54 pm

Hello,

I am hoping to receive some assistance in getting PSO Ver. 2 and Quake III Arena online. Both games allow me to connect via Dreampi, but don't allow me to actually join a server upon connecting. I have provided the corresponding error messages from each game below:

Quake III
-"No response from master server."

PSO Version 2
-"Attempt to connect to the server has failed. It is possible that the server is undergoing maintenance. The line will be disconnected. PRESS START BUTTON."

It is worth noting that prior to switching routers I was able to play a few matches in PSO, albeit with a slow and spotty connection. I am using the Sylverant Patcher disk and a legitimate copy of the game disk from my own personal collection. Additionally, I am using the all-in-one modem which I purchased directly from the Dreamcast Live shop a few years ago. The modem shows two green lights when connecting and they stay on while the error shows up. Apologies if I'm in the wrong forum for this, but I'm really hoping someone can help me out.

Thank you in advance.

peanut_unlimited
lithium

Re: Connection Challenges Upon Switching Routers

Post#2 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:08 pm

The Quake 3 issue sounds very much like a DNS related problem. Have you added the dreamcast-talk DNS address 173.69.21.183 to your DC internet settings?