Dream Cast video issue

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

NapsterBad
noob

Dream Cast video issue

Post#1 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:51 pm

Hi all,
I encountered an issue with a dreamcast i bought a while back. ive owned it for about 3 years but i haven't used it much due to not having any games for it, for whatever reason it wont display any video or audio. I've verified that it isnt an issue with the cable as ive tested about 3 or 4 of them, and the console still powers on and shows the little orange light on the front. I'm also unsure if this is relevant, but the screen on the memory card always just says 'broad band passport'
Attachments
PXL_20230114_044424840.jpg
picture of console turning on
PXL_20230114_044420536.jpg
Picture of memory card screen

Snake79
lithium

Re: Dream Cast video issue

Post#2 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:37 pm

I think we need some more information to work out what's wrong. What AV cable are you using and is it connected to a TV or a monitor?

You say you have tried different cables so it could be the TV/monitor. If the cables you have tried are all the same type, maybe try a different one or try connecting the Dreamcast to a different display. It may also be a fault with the AV port on the Dreamcast or a fault with the motherboard. There are numerous possibilities.

I would also try switching the Dreamcast on without the VMU in the controller. It should not have that on the display all the time.

NapsterBad
noob

Re: Dream Cast video issue

Post#3 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:30 am

I gave up for a bit because school got in the way, but for context:
-ive used 3 seperate av cables from different sources
-Ive tried a tv but not a monitor
-Ill try the VMU fix when i get it back, i gave it to a friend to check if he could figure out the problem