Connecting Online

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Animarc
noob

Connecting Online

Post#1 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:27 pm

Hello! I'm trying to connect to this website on my Dreamcast via XDP, and I'm having trouble with manually entering my DNS, as the max character count is too low, and I can't input letters unless I use the keyboard. I'm trying to download the Sonic Adventure 2 DLC. Can anyone please help?

Xiden
Developer

Re: Connecting Online

Post#2 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:12 pm

Are you connecting via BBA or dreampi? Dreampi doesn't require dns. Xdp has a on screen keyboard you can use with controller.

Animarc
noob

Post#3 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:18 am

I’m trying to use Bba. I have a keyboard periferal, but when I try to use the on-screen keyboard, it doesn’t let me input letters, which DNS has these days.

Xiden
Developer

Post#4 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:32 pm

Animarc wrote:I’m trying to use Bba. I have a keyboard periferal, but when I try to use the on-screen keyboard, it doesn’t let me input letters, which DNS has these days.

You only need to enter our private dns not your isps. So youll put 46.101.91.123 there and dns2 is 1.1.1.1

Animarc
noob

Post#5 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:21 pm

Thank you! That worked for getting me connected, kind of. I can’t get it to let me go to google or anything else. When I try to hit the hot link, it sends me to a Netgear log in, but my internet service provider is Verizon. Any ideas what I can do to get around that?

Animarc
noob

Post#6 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:08 pm

Okay, actually I figured out the problem, but now I can’t get to Dreampipe or Dreamcastlive. Can you help?

Xiden
Developer

Post#7 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:51 pm

What error do you see? I assume you got the url correct? http://www.dreampipe.net
http://www.dc.dreamcsstlive.net