List of parts

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Mana
noob

List of parts

Post#1 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:30 pm

I'm trying to figure out exactly how to get PSO v1 to go online, and idk why but my brain isn't comprehending the wordings on what parts I need. Any help would be appreciated, and I look forward to playing with this community!

Lew3030
rebel

Re: List of parts

Post#2 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:54 pm

A patched version of Phantasy Star Online will help you connect online.

Mana
noob

Post#3 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:07 pm

I don't have anything to go online yet. I meant to say that sorry

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#4 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:24 pm

Complete list of what you need (from nothing):
1. A Dreamcast + all the normal cables + a TV to hook it up to, of course
2. A controller and at least one VMU
3 (optional). A Dreamcast keyboard
4. The game itself (with serial number/access key which should be on a paper or sticker in the game's case, depending on which regional variant you're using)
5. If using a Japanese version of PSOv1 (or US or Japanese versions of v2) with the original disc, the Sylverant PSO Patcher disc

Then comes three separate sets of options:
1. A Dreamcast Broadband Adapter (HIT-0400 or HIT-0401) + an ethernet cable to hook it up to your home network (the broadband adapter is expensive and hard to get a hold of)
2. A Dreamcast modem (should be included with the console) + a phone cable + a landline phone + a dialup internet service provider -- I really doubt you want to use this option.
3. A Dreamcast modem + A DreamPi setup including a Raspberry Pi, SD card, and a modified USB modem + a phone cable + an ethernet cable to hook the Raspberry Pi up to your network at home (or if you get one that supports it, wifi)

You can find the USB modem for option number 3 for sale here: https://dreamcastlive.net/shop/ (and on occasion the whole kit too)

Lew3030
rebel

Post#5 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:21 am

IMO, In the wake of DC emulators… From not even owning a Dreamcast to playing pso online I think just the app (dc emulator) and a game (patched version of pso) is all it needs. Anybody agree?