Spotty Connection w/ Web Browser 2.0

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

hellaraiser
noob

Spotty Connection w/ Web Browser 2.0

Post#1 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:15 pm

Hello fellow Dreamcast enjoyers,

I've recently acquired a Dreamcast again and have it connected online using the DreamcastLive modem/line voltage inducer combo and an RPi 3 imaged with DreamPi. I followed the instructions from DreamCastic's YouTube video to a T, except for the part where you enter network configuration. I only had access to Web Browser 1.0 at the time of setup and it doesn't have an option to change Modem Init settings, not sure if that makes a difference.

In any case, I can connect to the service in Web Browser 2.0 and the DreamPipe landing page loads as well as other links within that site. That being said, I have been having trouble connecting to any websites that are listed as "Dreamcast friendly." I've gotten dc.dreamcastlive.net to open a few times and even got one of the mp3 songs to load once. Most of the time, however, I get hit with a "unable to load the requested document". With some websites, I'll also get an Error 1010 once it tries to load. I'm not sure why the dreamcastlive website has worked a few times but fails 95% of the time otherwise. After failing to load the requested document, I've tried "hanging up" and reconnecting via the little icon in the web browser which usually reconnects fine, although sometimes I get the "no response from telephone line" or something similar.

I will say that I've been periodically getting under voltage warnings on the RPi itself due to me using an apple power brick/usb cable, but even when I don't get that error I still cannot connect to websites. I'm wondering if its still causing the issue though, regardless. I've already ordered a proper power supply so I'll try that once it arrives and see if it makes a difference. In any case, if anyone has any ideas or steps I can try to troubleshoot, please let me know!

Thanks!

hellaraiser
noob

Re: Spotty Connection w/ Web Browser 2.0

Post#2 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:44 am

Update: I got a proper power adapter and I'm still having the same issues. I've tried reimaging DreamPi and it doesn't seem to change anything. Now I'm also getting an "Unable to contact host. Could not look up its name." error as well. I can connect to the modem, the landing page and all links work fine, and Google works as well. Idk what's going on at this point lol.