Daytona USA Progress

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

korni
shadow

Re: Daytona USA Progress

Post#261 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:56 am

Is it possible that, the Sega Rally 2 online multiplayer will return in the near future?

MrKaos
shadow

Post#262 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:32 am

Amazing work

mickschen
core

Post#263 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:08 am

go for it!

Hope Daytona will get lil bit more stabil too :)

DreamcastUK
brutal

Post#264 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:48 am

Unsure if this will help people but user redjeff76 on discord mentioned this:

"The key to it all is that all the players have to understand after each race that they have to back out to the Lobby screen then go back into the game where you pick a team and car. If everyone does that after each race you can play for a long time. I have played with the same players and 4 in a room for over an hour and a half, so there is that..."

So if you're looking to get maybe a 4 person race or continue with the same group of people for more than just 1 race the above could help, if you don't already know
Online Games: PSO | Quake III Arena | Toy Racer | 4x4 Evo | Starlancer | Planet Ring | Maximum Pool

ItsMuchMore
Founder & Lead Editor

The Dreamcast Junkyard
YouTube Editor

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

Post#265 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:43 pm

DreamcastUK wrote:Unsure if this will help people but user redjeff76 on discord mentioned this:

"The key to it all is that all the players have to understand after each race that they have to back out to the Lobby screen then go back into the game where you pick a team and car. If everyone does that after each race you can play for a long time. I have played with the same players and 4 in a room for over an hour and a half, so there is that..."

So if you're looking to get maybe a 4 person race or continue with the same group of people for more than just 1 race the above could help, if you don't already know

Backing out to the lobby prevents the game from crashing, but it doesn't seem to have an effect upon the connection in 4 player races. Some people get lucky with 4 players, others less so - I think I've only successfully played 2 or 3 games with 4 players. Might be a latency thing.

mickschen
core

Post#266 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:20 am

Shu found alot of issues and fixed them when we play on his Server soon! The Relog thing will be one of the fixed Issues!

Go for it! Very cool!

ByteComputer78
shadow

Post#267 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:15 am

Does anyone tried the DAYTONA USA Arcade Music & Sounds V1.4 by TD ? I burned the .cdi, tried it on my Dreamcast and it didn't work. For me, the online experience should be much nicer with those arcade sounds ? or maybe not ? I have a .cdi file with online features on but it does not have the arcade music. Can someone help me with that ? Anyone got this working ? If there is nothing to do I will just play the original USA game.

djhazardous
lithium

Post#268 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:35 pm

ByteComputer78 wrote:Does anyone tried the DAYTONA USA Arcade Music & Sounds V1.4 by TD ? I burned the .cdi, tried it on my Dreamcast and it didn't work. For me, the online experience should be much nicer with those arcade sounds ? or maybe not ? I have a .cdi file with online features on but it does not have the arcade music. Can someone help me with that ? Anyone got this working ? If there is nothing to do I will just play the original USA game.

What are you burning the image with? It's best to always use IMGBurn with DiscJuggler plugin except for the official Bleemcast discs which require the official Discjuggler app. It also might not be a self-booting disc and require a boot disc.

ByteComputer78
shadow

Post#269 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:31 pm

djhazardous wrote:
ByteComputer78 wrote:Does anyone tried the DAYTONA USA Arcade Music & Sounds V1.4 by TD ? I burned the .cdi, tried it on my Dreamcast and it didn't work. For me, the online experience should be much nicer with those arcade sounds ? or maybe not ? I have a .cdi file with online features on but it does not have the arcade music. Can someone help me with that ? Anyone got this working ? If there is nothing to do I will just play the original USA game.

What are you burning the image with? It's best to always use IMGBurn with DiscJuggler plugin except for the official Bleemcast discs which require the official Discjuggler app. It also might not be a self-booting disc and require a boot disc.

I am using ImgBurn, I don't know if I have the DiscJuggler plugin. I can try to download the plugin and burn again a CD-R. It might need a boot disc, for this I really don't know.

djhazardous
lithium

Post#270 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:05 pm

Burn the Utopia boot disc and try it. This is the plugin for IMGBurn: https://download.imgburn.com/pfctoc.zip

I should think you already have it installed though if you're already using IMGBurn to burn DC images.