Daytona USA Progress

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

killer-elite
blackout!

Re: Daytona USA Progress

Post#91 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:48 pm

ncman071 wrote:i'm sure it will be updated when more progress happens...i dont know what it takes...but i do know it takes so much effort in reversing these games/servers and on top of that...these people have their own lives/jobs/families they deal with in real life

forreal its barely been a couple of weeks and doode wants updates like he is bank rolling the thing personally, chill my guy... go play the thousands of other online games from consoles and pc while you wait, cause these sort of things take months if not years to develop

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

Post#92 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:08 pm

Sennar83 wrote:Hi

News?

Please don't bump the thread asking for news. If there is news, it will be posted here. No need to hassle someone who's already going above and beyond trying to get this working again.

Sennar83
rebel

Post#93 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:28 am

excuse me. I didn't want to hurt anyone's sensibilities. I just asked one question. You have to stay relaxed.

Bye bye

ioncannon
Anarki

Post#94 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:45 pm

ncman071 wrote:i'm sure it will be updated when more progress happens...i dont know what it takes...but i do know it takes so much effort in reversing these games/servers and on top of that...these people have their own lives/jobs/families they deal with in real life

Yep, I have been busy with a move to the US for the past month or so; and even now have my development computer packed up. Won't have any updated until I am resettled and ready to code again.

rjbr
lithium

Post#95 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:16 pm

game daytona usa, will it be online this year or next year?

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

Post#96 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:02 pm

rjbr wrote:game daytona usa, will it be online this year or next year?

It'll be ready when it's ready. Or never. Whichever comes first.

rjbr
lithium

Post#97 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:03 pm

i love daytona usa

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#98 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:15 pm

Wow! This is amazing! Daytona is one of my favorite games of all time. Im from the UK so this would be AWESOME to play online with the USA version.

Keep up the good work.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

ioncannon
Anarki

Post#99 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:45 pm

So tiny update. Finished my move and my pc is in working order. I was able to discover a minor thing: The last param in the player struct. I originally called it a player "key" as it is used in ordering the players position in the room menu. While monitoring Wireshark to figure out how the NetEngine stuff worked; I noticed the client was pinging 3.0.0.0; the random key I was setting to the player clients. So it's actually that player's IP.

Turns out the ping stuff is all handled automatically between clients using UDP in a P2P fashion. The clients just ping each other automatically it seems. Made me wonder if NetEngine is P2P but after getting a client to send msgs to another; nothing happened.

Back to analyzing the code. It could be I am just missing some config packet for the lobby.

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#100 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:30 pm

ioncannon wrote:So tiny update. Finished my move and my pc is in working order. I was able to discover a minor thing: The last param in the player struct. I originally called it a player "key" as it is used in ordering the players position in the room menu. While monitoring Wireshark to figure out how the NetEngine stuff worked; I noticed the client was pinging 3.0.0.0; the random key I was setting to the player clients. So it's actually that player's IP.

Turns out the ping stuff is all handled automatically between clients using UDP in a P2P fashion. The clients just ping each other automatically it seems. Made me wonder if NetEngine is P2P but after getting a client to send msgs to another; nothing happened.

Back to analyzing the code. It could be I am just missing some config packet for the lobby.
Always happy to hear updates on this project. Hopefully you be able to get this game back online soon