Trickstyle weird issues

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

xaeroxcore
fire

Trickstyle weird issues

Post#1 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:24 pm

Hello everyone, i have a weird issue with Trickstyle NTSC. Recently i purchased the original game (in pristine state, i must add) and it freezes once i push start on the main title screen...Thought it was something related to the disc, but it is not scratched, and also game shows demo mode normally....The mosty weird thing is the same thing happens with a burned CD-R of the Trickstyle NTSC cdi i downloaded for testing purpuses....So, can it be an issue of the GD ROM drive (may be fixed vía calibration of the laser?)...Funny thing is this is the first time i have this kind of issue in +20 yrs playing Dreamcast, and the GD ROM Drive is reading everything else burned or original. Also, i have Dreamshell SD mod...May be someone has the trickstyle iso on that format to see if it at least runs properly on that media? (tried to convert the cdi with ultra iso, but did not work).

The photo shows the game frozen, once i pushed start.

Any help would be apppreciated!

brunovieira90
minority

Re: Trickstyle weird issues

Post#2 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:42 pm

friend, are you trying to start the game with some third party accessory? If so, this may be causing the error. try to start the game aoenas with the original sega dreamcast controller connected to the video game, in addition to the power and video cable. I say this because I have some problems with some games when I use third-party accessories, such as resident evil 2, starlancer, next tetris online... some of these games crash, others return to the bios screen, and others run with fps well below normal when these accessories are connected, but work fine without these accessories. I hope it's just that.

xaeroxcore
fire

Post#3 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:27 pm

brunovieira90 wrote:friend, are you trying to start the game with some third party accessory? If so, this may be causing the error. try to start the game aoenas with the original sega dreamcast controller connected to the video game, in addition to the power and video cable. I say this because I have some problems with some games when I use third-party accessories, such as resident evil 2, starlancer, next tetris online... some of these games crash, others return to the bios screen, and others run with fps well below normal when these accessories are connected, but work fine without these accessories. I hope it's just that.

Thanks for the help my man, looks like is the lens of the GD ROM Drive, because i´ve tested other games and some of them are failing (but most working like a charm). Anyway, is weird than both, recently burned CD by myself and original GD in pristine state, both crashes in the same part...I´m gonna take the console to calibration soon...

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:04 pm

xaeroxcore wrote:
brunovieira90 wrote:friend, are you trying to start the game with some third party accessory? If so, this may be causing the error. try to start the game aoenas with the original sega dreamcast controller connected to the video game, in addition to the power and video cable. I say this because I have some problems with some games when I use third-party accessories, such as resident evil 2, starlancer, next tetris online... some of these games crash, others return to the bios screen, and others run with fps well below normal when these accessories are connected, but work fine without these accessories. I hope it's just that.

Thanks for the help my man, looks like is the lens of the GD ROM Drive, because i´ve tested other games and some of them are failing (but most working like a charm). Anyway, is weird than both, recently burned CD by myself and original GD in pristine state, both crashes in the same part...I´m gonna take the console to calibration soon...

Just never move it more then 1/18 of turn very small test each time .. Lot of people these days are breaking them and turning it till it goes around doing nothing in circle.. Then your stuffed..