A friend and I RE'd the KDDI Capcom games but ran into a hardware roadblock. Here's how 15+ games could come back online

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO
Quake III
Starlancer
Alien Front Online
Chu Chu Rocket

Re: A friend and I RE'd the KDDI Capcom games but ran into a hardware roadblock. Here's how 15+ games could come back on

Post by SEGA RPG FAN »

Is OK the response it is looking for? Modems don't typically give an ok on a dial command.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

ioncannon
Anarki

Re: A friend and I RE'd the KDDI Capcom games but ran into a hardware roadblock. Here's how 15+ games could come back on

Post by ioncannon »

It might be some interpreter that parses this. The rest of the string has these "w OK" commands.

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer
Quake III
Starlancer
Alien Front Online
Chu Chu Rocket

Post by SEGA RPG FAN »

With all of those other commands the modem should respond OK, so that's what made me think it could be waiting for an OK to determine everything is still proceeding as expected. Since a dial command doesn't elicit an OK response, that could be why you crashed.

krovellium
fire
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake III Arena
PSO
ChuChu Rocket
Worms World Party
Internet Game Pack

Post by krovellium »

SEGA RPG FAN wrote:Is OK the response it is looking for? Modems don't typically give an ok on a dial command.
dont they give an "accept" if my memory serves

anti
lithium

Post by anti »

This is the best thread i've read regarding Dreamcast online in years. We have never been able to play these games online in the states!!!

anti
lithium

Post by anti »

Is there any news or other sites with more info on how the progress is going?

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer
Quake III
Starlancer
Alien Front Online
Chu Chu Rocket

Post by SEGA RPG FAN »

A little progress update since it's been a while. It looks like the same tunnel method I'm using for Saturn Netlink can be adapted to work with this server and these games. Over the weekend I got Net De Tennis working in LAN with a custom dreampi script and a new server build from Dude. Still early WIP, but it worked fine.
Attachments
PXL_20220905_193945107.jpg
PXL_20220905_193856548.jpg

Wombat
Vagabond

Post by Wombat »

This is so awesome! Funny how the US marketing slogan is still accurate till this day, It's still thinking ;)

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

@SEGA RPG FAN That's awesome man! It may be "early WIP" but at least it proves the games can work with DreamPi without additional hardware. :)
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Retro-45
letterbomb
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Trying them all

Post by Retro-45 »

WIP is looking good, cant believe we might get fighting games online in the near future. Crazy this still works with the dreampi setup so far.