A friend and I RE'd the KDDI Capcom games but ran into a hardware roadblock. Here's how 15+ games could come back online

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

BaronBurdock
rebel

Re: A friend and I RE'd the KDDI Capcom games but ran into a hardware roadblock. Here's how 15+ games could come back on

Post#41 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:46 am

It never fails, the second I start thinking, "it's kind of quiet lately, wonder what's in the works?", I look and there's new translations and some insane project like this unfolding. As a Dreamcast owner, I've become spoiled haha.

This project is wild. Thanks to everyone involved!

Cass
MegaDeath

Re: A friend and I RE'd the KDDI Capcom games but ran into a hardware roadblock. Here's how 15+ games could come back on

Post#42 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:03 am

Sega Rally 2 - Good luck with resurrecting the KDDI option "long easy right - maybe?"

megavolt85
Developer

Post#43 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:50 pm

dude2207 wrote:CAP_NET_.NET

you can share your CAP_NET_.NET save?

ioncannon
Anarki

Post#44 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:31 pm

Sorry, took a while cause I needed to get a sd card reader. Here you go...

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... T_.NET.vms

It should work across games minus MvC2 iirc. It was originally created in Vampire: Matching Service.

ioncannon
Anarki

Post#45 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:38 pm

Looks like the flash ID might be in there. Will see what offset it is in a bit.

0x9Ba in the vms file it seems.
Last edited by ioncannon on Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holsten
fragger

Post#46 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:11 am

Can someone explain for stupid people like me what's the status of this project?
Holsten knallt am dollsten.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#47 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:15 pm

ioncannon wrote:Looks like the flash ID might be in there. Will see what offset it is in a bit.

0x9Ba in the vms file it seems.

yes, the game swears that the save was created on another console and offers to re-register

ioncannon
Anarki

Post#48 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:00 pm

If you can pull your id off the console (forgot how to do it), it can be changed at offset 0x9BA, and it's only the first 6 bytes of the id. Need to sniff out what Microsoft's PPP server is doing differently that allows the thing to work.

Got Netto de Tennis and Technomancer working. Editing the init string didn't work tho, immediately errors out of the dialing screen. Me and Dude are gonna try getting our ATAs dialing into each other to at least finish the after-game portion of the server.

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#49 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:15 pm

ioncannon wrote:Editing the init string didn't work tho, immediately errors out of the dialing screen

What did you try? I'd be willing to mess around with it for a bit if you had an easy way for me to get a game into the waiting state.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

ioncannon
Anarki

Post#50 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:56 pm

Replaced the last end of that string we mentioned to `atdt=<phonenumber>\nw OK\n`. I think if you can get the flash id of your DC you can edit that save to get it to load. Or if you have an ATA and a windows xp or older computer with a modem: Setup an incoming connection and it should pass that KDDI call and generate the file for you.