A friend and I RE'd the KDDI Capcom games but ran into a hardware roadblock. Here's how 15+ games could come back online

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Wombat
Vagabond

Re: A friend and I RE'd the KDDI Capcom games but ran into a hardware roadblock. Here's how 15+ games could come back on

Post#101 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:44 am

Exciting stuff, incredible to see how one discovery (AND SHARING) of one can lead to a chain reaction of further developments. Man, I love the Dreamcast scene!

Mad respect to all involved in getting these games resurrected!

spinksy
Prince of Persia

Re: A friend and I RE'd the KDDI Capcom games but ran into a hardware roadblock. Here's how 15+ games could come back on

Post#102 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:30 am

Wombat wrote:Exciting stuff, incredible to see how one discovery (AND SHARING) of one can lead to a chain reaction of further developments. Man, I love the Dreamcast scene!

Mad respect to all involved in getting these games resurrected!

echoing this post - great work!

The thought of these games back online, especially Powerstone 2 is mad! Love the Dreamcast and its dedicated fan base!!!
Dreamcast, it's still thinking.

PSO v2 HuCAST lvl.46
name: Predator

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

Post#103 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:50 pm

This is exciting to monitor! I was considering getting the PAL version of Daytona, but with the advancements you guys are making I think I'll save the extra cash to buy the NTSC version instead, and think about getting a DreamPi for Christmas.

Not that there's any rush of course! That you guys have made it this far is astounding to me. Incredible to think there are people out there intelligent and skilled enough to pull these things off. Keep up the good work!

ioncannon
Anarki

Post#104 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:05 pm

More good news: Got the GET Handle and ADD Handle responses figured out + the error opcode.

Using Sega Tetris for this one. Also seems on JP games the username is set by Dreampassport. On Flycast it's just flycast1.

ioncannon
Anarki

Post#105 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:55 pm

Here is Daytona:

Seems my access/gate server packets aren't correct though heh.

ioncannon
Anarki

Post#106 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:12 am

Alright Access/Gate server figured out, I am getting a list of lobby servers and it successfully connects into it. I figured enough packets out to get to the end of that state machine too.

Still figuring out the packets but the internal debug info does say that we have successfully logged in.

Visually nothing changes except on Daytona where what looks like a Motd screen (can anyone confirm) appears (empty) and then it says getting game list. Sadly it disconnects quickly after; probably because I am missing a ping packet.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#107 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:55 am

Cool stuff @ioncannon!

You should probably make a new topic for this just to keep this thread about the KDDI stuff.

Edit: I went ahead and made a new topic for you here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15952
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

ioncannon
Anarki

Post#108 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:26 pm

Thanks! Yeah, it seems the KDDI stuff is coming along DreamPi wise. I'll rewrite the server itself proper once we can get the post-battle data to appear. Current implementation is something I hacked together after initial research was done using DummyServer (same tiny app I am using for the LobbyEngine stuff).

Need to get myself a DreamPi to get in on the action haha.

Xiden
Developer

Post#109 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:41 pm

ioncannon wrote:Thanks! Yeah, it seems the KDDI stuff is coming along DreamPi wise. I'll rewrite the server itself proper once we can get the post-battle data to appear. Current implementation is something I hacked together after initial research was done using DummyServer (same tiny app I am using for the LobbyEngine stuff).

Need to get myself a DreamPi to get in on the action haha.

Just wanted to mention here as I did on Daytona that I have webmaster access to dreampipe. If you want, I can add links to our existing site dricas game pages to your registration site to make the setup process easier so it can be done in game and allow users to download the capcom net file for their vmu.

The only one I have restored is Street Fighter Alpha 3, but I can add a registration link to it that points to your site to get the needed vmi.
Once I get Net De Tennis site up I can do the same for it.

This wont be added of course until you guys are ready for me to :)

ioncannon
Anarki

Post#110 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:55 pm

Will do. I had a "duh" moment and remembered that now that I have a net file on my PC, I can test using Flycast instead of the mess of wires before (which killed my motivation). Over lunch I tested against a ton of Capcom game and the server works mostly for all except MvC2, PS2. Still gotta test Spawn.

We are missing a bunch of packets but in terms of match making it's gucci. There is also a bug in terms of SFIIX and such getting stuck cause of us assuming a packet switches state, but it still needs to send a few more. Anyway the good thing is a large chunk of the server is already dealt with for MOST games.
Last edited by ioncannon on Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.