A friend and I RE'd the KDDI Capcom games but ran into a hardware roadblock. Here's how 15+ games could come back online

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Re: A friend and I RE'd the KDDI Capcom games but ran into a hardware roadblock. Here's how 15+ games could come back on

Post#121 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:45 pm

I don't believe any more work has been done server side. Net de Tennis is the only game that has successfully been played. However, the de-sync issue I mentioned above hasn't been fixed and presumably would affect all the games assuming they share the same net code.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

GRIANT
rebel

Re: A friend and I RE'd the KDDI Capcom games but ran into a hardware roadblock. Here's how 15+ games could come back on

Post#122 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:53 pm

Any new notice?

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#123 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:21 pm

How can we help? Testing? Donations? Let the community know...

GRIANT
rebel

Post#124 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:15 am

Good idea.

Xiden
Developer

Post#125 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:34 am

Im in the process of migrating Dude2207's Kddi stuff into dreampipe. Been a bit busy due to holidays. Once I get that situated, ill work with Ion and Joe on the next steps. Sorry for delays.

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#126 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:16 pm

no need to be sorry...amazing work really thanks to all working on this project!

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#127 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:28 pm

Thanks for the update! If we can help let us know!

creamblast
noob

Post#128 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:51 am

I'm super interested in this as i used to play super street fighter 2 X a lot, used to own the arcade boards for local tournaments, played it online a lot. Dreamcast has the best port, and I'd have issues translating from playing emulated online vs real hardware so to be able to play this would be cool. I'm guessing the netcode might not be so great though, and probably no way for it to function with the broadband adapter.

Bp902
noob

Post#129 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:49 am

creamblast wrote:I'm super interested in this as i used to play super street fighter 2 X a lot, used to own the arcade boards for local tournaments, played it online a lot. Dreamcast has the best port, and I'd have issues translating from playing emulated online vs real hardware so to be able to play this would be cool. I'm guessing the netcode might not be so great though, and probably no way for it to function with the broadband adapter.

The netcode isn't going to be good sadly, but it'll be amazing to check it out and try it none the less. I can't wait to see those menus and how it handles online.

creamblast
noob

Post#130 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:37 am

Bp902 wrote:
The netcode isn't going to be good sadly, but it'll be amazing to check it out and try it none the less. I can't wait to see those menus and how it handles online.

i've not used the dreampi or played any dial up only dreamcast games online, how have other games played online via dreampi with hardwire ethernet? I mean sure there's a bandwidth cap but the stability and infrastructure should atleast allow it to be playable for those within the same country atleast (i hope)