[Worms] Specific connection issue

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Windows9X
photon blast

[Worms] Specific connection issue

Post#1 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:00 pm

Hello everyone, having a very specific issue with Worms.

On my actual Dreamcast with a DreamPi, I am able to join someone's lobby and battle against the other players, but I cannot host a lobby myself; If I host a lobby, the game never "begins".. no black screen with text before the match (just endless lobby screen).

This is only on my Dreamcast; I can host/join on Flycast without issue.

I also want to point out that on Flycast, I was only able to host with a CDI image; Same issue as my Dreamcast using a GDI. I've tried a GDI of my actual disc, a GDI from online and a CDI from online. Using a CDI on my Dreamcast did not make a difference, however.

My DMZ is functioning; I can play Alien Front.. Tetris... Chu Chu -- All without fuss on my Dreamcast. It's only Worms with this specific issue.

I read that if there was a DMZ/Forwarding issue, I could host but not join; My issue is the complete opposite, and it's only on the Dreamcast.

Thoughts? I have spent hours trying to figure this out -- really bugging me. :?
Author of original DreamPi Companion..

theTizm
noob

Re: [Worms] Specific connection issue

Post#2 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:04 pm

I'm partially intoxicated so apollogies for my spelling mistakes but i waent thru the trouble of setting up dddw-wrt with Windows9X because we sthought his rotuer r(R6700v3) has a problem with dmzing properly or opening ports it was one of the two from some forum posts on netgears site btw so i'm pretty sure its not his router

Windows9X
photon blast

Post#3 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:26 am

Yeah, I don't think it's my router anymore; It works on Flycast both ways. Further proof is that with dd-wrt, I can finally play AFO since the base netgear firmware couldn't DMZ properly.

I really don't know why it's only Hosting from a DC that doesn't work -- Really scuffed.

Anyone experience this??
Author of original DreamPi Companion..

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#4 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:47 am

Windows9X wrote:Yeah, I don't think it's my router anymore; It works on Flycast both ways. Further proof is that with dd-wrt, I can finally play AFO since the base netgear firmware couldn't DMZ properly.

I really don't know why it's only Hosting from a DC that doesn't work -- Really scuffed.

Anyone experience this??

HI! The usual is the opposite, if you have DMZ problems you only can play if you are the host of the opened game.
Very rare you error, and more if you can play AFO or CCR without problems. Sorry for the no answer. :-(
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!