3 PSO Questions

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: 3 PSO Questions

Post#11 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:42 pm

Oh back to my last post, so that's only gonna be useful when finally knocking out Ultimate, not tasked with dreaded Ruin+Falz alone it will just be unlocked when take it online

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#12 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:29 pm

It really depends on what char you’re playing as, a tank has way more defense & attack than a mage, etc…
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Elliander
lithium

Post#13 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:24 pm

mazonemayu wrote:It really depends on what char you’re playing as, a tank has way more defense & attack than a mage, etc…

Yeah, it's definately harder to solo a boss at lower levels as a squishy mage because of the lower HP. Especially the mage type I chose. At level 25 I could beat it with my damage output, but only with someone else capable of reviving me constantly as each and every attack was a one hit kill. I was, however, able to beat the 2nd boss tonight at level 33! I had to use Jellen to decrease it's attack power, and Deband to increase my defenses, and even then it's attacks brought my HP down to 12 each requiring constant healing, but I was able to get it on my first try solo!

Still, it was a really hard fight. Especially since I wasn't willing to risk having my weapon equipped at all during the fight. I also couldn't risk using the AOE attacks while it was attached to the raft since I had to constantly move to avoid those tentacles. My primary attack was Grants which seemed to do 112 damage per hit, and worked well even while it was a distance from the raft, so my strategy was to spam Grants from a distance and keep moving while it was close to evade attacks and that eventually wore it down. (Incidentally, this is what I LOVE about PSO! Being able to formulate a strategy against a higher level boss!)

I recall the 3rd boss being easier though. What's the minimum damage it would do in hard mode? I only ever found a single HP Material (In Forest 1, hard mode) and my MAG is focused primarily on MIND for damage output and my typical fighting strategy is kiting with AOE damage and distance nuking when possible. I do have HP boosting equipment, but with a Frame that has 3 slots that seems to be a max of +30 HP. Even with that I am still less than 200 HP.

I also figured out what was going on with MAG Synchro. Turns out that not only does Synchro decrease on all Mags by 5% when quitting, equipped or not, but if I return to the lobby before quitting that's an extra 5% lost. That explains why I was getting a large drop before.

EDIT: The 3rd Boss, Volt Opt, was definately easier! I beat it at Level 35 in hard mode first try. First form was really easy, while second form was a bit harder especially when I ran out of Trimates (casting Resta takes precious seconds while using items is instant) and then when Deband ran out it dealt much much damage to me, but thankfully had just enough HP to avoid dying in one shot. So now I just need to figure out what the damage output of the final boss is on hard. It's 130 HP in Normal, but what is it in Hard?

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#14 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:35 am

My main char is a droid, and I use a huge ass rifle or a bazooka so most bosses aren’t really a problem. A double saber is a good weapon too if you are low lv as it hits twice with every hit, you have to find one first though…
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

Visit:

Elliander
lithium

Post#15 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:42 pm

mazonemayu wrote:My main char is a droid, and I use a huge ass rifle or a bazooka so most bosses aren’t really a problem. A double saber is a good weapon too if you are low lv as it hits twice with every hit, you have to find one first though…

That does sound effective, plus you likely have the advantage of increased defense. I am curious though. I know that Androids aren't supposed to be able to use techs because they have no TP, but could you learn and use a Tech if you wore an item that gives you TP? Granted, it wouldn't be much even if you could, and there's still the tech level cap of 15 for not Force characters, but it could still add some versatility.

I found some of the stats for Dark Falz attacks. The slash attack has the following fixed damage values:

Normal:
Offline - 130 hp
Online - ??? hp

Hard:
Offline - 250 hp
Online - 310 hp

Very Hard:
Offline - 390 hp
Online - 450 hp

Ultimate:
Offline - 696 hp
Online - 812 hp

Still trying to figure out how much damage the grants attack will do, but one page I found suggests it does more than 300 damage when Light resistance is at zero. So far it looks like I will have to level up enough to reach 250 hp at least. (either that or carry enough scrape dolls to revive after every attack, but that would be a pain since items dropped outside the bank would disappear as soon as the boss fight ends) That will take me a while to grind for especially since I have lots of work this week.

Is there a table for HP gains per level for Force characters?

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#16 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:18 am

Nope, we are tanks & carry around a lot of healing items :D
Don’t forget a tank can keep his distance if he wants to, our rifles are long range

I suppose there would be tables somewhere, but I never looked for em. Been playing PSO since it came out, we had no information on such things so I’m used to just grinding :lol:
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

Visit: