Sega Touring Car Championship is Back Online! (Sega Saturn)

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Xiden
Developer

Sega Touring Car Championship is Back Online! (Sega Saturn)

Post#1 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:30 pm

Sega_Touring_Car_Logo_1_a.gif

I'm happy to announce Sega Touring Car Championship for Sega Saturn is back online!
Most people are probably not aware that the NetLink actually had six USA region games that were compatible with the NetLink!
I was one of those people, until SaturnDave from Sega Saturn, Shiro showed it to me!

This game features:
-Online Leaderboards
-Online Website
-Translated Japanese to English
-Tricks/Tips
-Archived Messageboard (planning to add a bb in dreampipe for STCC)

Special thanks to Shuouma for helping me get the in game email forwarding setup for this game! Also of course thanks to Dave for providing well intact backup to work with of STCC!

You can access this website from your Sega Touring Car Championship Game automatically with Dreampi, or directly with your computer by going to http://dreampipe.net/stc

----------- How to submit a score for Sega Touring Car Championship ------------

Here's what you'll need:
--------------------------
1. NetLink or JP Xband Modem
2. Dreampi
3. Copy of Planetweb 3.0 or better for Sega Saturn
If you need a browser, download Planetweb v4.0 here - > http://www.mediafire.com/file/61ics5rjs ... b4035b.rar

---------- Setting up ------------------

1. Setup your Dreampi, if you are unfamiliar with what a Dreampi is or how to setup it up watch this video by PCWzrd13! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgRLnj2YR3s (Settings will be the same when setting up a Sega Saturn, just use the Saturn browser instead of course)

2. Setup email on Dreampi and Planetweb 3.0 using this guide by PCWzrd13 https://dreamcastlive.net/sega-swirl-guide/. There is a bonus to setting up your email on Sega Saturn as you will now be able to trade/backup save files via email attachments!

3. Run the Sega Saturn Touring Car Championship Game, select Arcade Side, then select Records. Press Y button to access internet. Choose 2nd Option that pops up

4. Select "Setup" on the next screen

5. Select Provider and add the following info if its not there already:
Telephone: 111-1111
USER ID: dream
Password: dreamcast
DNS (primary): 0.0.0.0
DNS (secondary): 0.0.0.0

Save

6. Select Mail Settings and add the following info:
Name: Your email username
Email Address: Your gmail address
Receiving Mail Server Host Name: This should be same as Pop3/Smpt IP you entered for planetweb 3.0

Save

---------Submitting a Score ------------------
1. To submit a score you'll need to have the best time on your game for Arcade Mode/2Laps/Normal
score.png
- You should see a password below your score to know you qualify to upload.

2. Press Y To submit score choose 1st option that pops up, the connection and submission will happen automatically. Wait for for game to return you to main menu.

3. Next you'll need to run planetweb 3.0 or better, and open up the email section. Send an email to [email protected] and attach the file TOURINGC_01 then send the email. The dreampi will reroute to the proper system. Note: This step is a temporary work around until the password system is completely reversed, but you must complete it for your score to be registered at this time.

------ Events ---------
To participate in the 3 special global events leaderboards you'll need to do the following

Change the date within your Saturn to the following, enter Saturn Mode and select Global Net Event:

December 25, 1997 - Winter Holiday
February 13, 1998 - Hit and Run Mode (you need to hit every cone)
March 31st, 1998 - April Foul (avoid oncoming cars)

---------------------------------------------
Post here if you encounter any errors.
Last edited by Xiden on Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Re: Sega Touring Car Championship is Back Online! (Sega Saturn)

Post#2 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:02 pm

Great news for a great game!

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#3 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:49 pm

Excellent! Nice work and perseverance
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

louis012345678
Doom

Post#4 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:44 am

If the password system ever gets reversed, would there potentially be an option of submitting passwords from a PC rather than a Saturn, or was such a feature never available? I don't have a netlink and my dreampi broke last year but it would be nice to be able to submit scores still.

Xiden
Developer

Post#5 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:58 am

louis012345678 wrote:If the password system ever gets reversed, would there potentially be an option of submitting passwords from a PC rather than a Saturn, or was such a feature never available? I don't have a netlink and my dreampi broke last year but it would be nice to be able to submit scores still.

Yes I would enable the PC leaderboards once passwords are available. If anyone has a link to the game I'll see I'd I can find a work around for that one too in the meantime.

Xiden
Developer

Post#6 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:42 pm

Xiden wrote:
louis012345678 wrote:If the password system ever gets reversed, would there potentially be an option of submitting passwords from a PC rather than a Saturn, or was such a feature never available? I don't have a netlink and my dreampi broke last year but it would be nice to be able to submit scores still.

Yes I would enable the PC leaderboards once passwords are available. If anyone has a link to the pc version of the game I'll see I'd I can find a work around for that one too in the meantime.

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#7 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:10 pm

Xiden wrote:
Xiden wrote:

Yes I would enable the PC leaderboards once passwords are available. If anyone has a link to the pc version of the game I'll see I'd I can find a work around for that one too in the meantime.

If what you're asking for is a link to the old windows 95 version of the game, this seems to be it
https://www.myabandonware.com/game/sega ... onship-c5o

louis012345678
Doom

Post#8 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:29 pm

Xiden wrote:

Yes I would enable the PC leaderboards once passwords are available. If anyone has a link to the game I'll see I'd I can find a work around for that one too in the meantime.

Sorry I probably should've been more clear. I meant submitting passwords from the SEGA Saturn game via a PC i.e. typing in the password displayed in the Saturn game on the website on my computer. Idk if that's possible but it would be cool to still submit scores from playing the Saturn version even without access to a netlink.

louis012345678
Doom

Post#9 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:33 pm

Ragfish wrote:
Xiden wrote:
Xiden wrote:

If what you're asking for is a link to the old windows 95 version of the game, this seems to be it
https://www.myabandonware.com/game/sega ... onship-c5o

Thanks for the link but I'm interested in seeing if it's possible to type passwords generated from the Saturn game on the website on a PC. It's more fun trying to set times on an old original Saturn rather than a modern PC imo ^_^

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#10 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:49 pm

For what it's worth, my best time so far is 2'57'539, with a password of SNAM1SZMW7J7RRS8. But I don't have a saturn modem yet, so you'll just have to take my word for it ;)