Shenmue Passport Is Back Online!!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Xiden
Developer

Shenmue Passport Is Back Online!!

Post#1 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:21 am

shenbanner.png

I'm happy to announce that the Shenmue Passport is back online! There's a lot of info to talk about but I want to start out by saying this is a Work In Progress. More features will be available as they are finished. For now Shenmue World, Online Manual, Urgent Messages, Everyones Space, Data Review, has been finished, and Nozomi's Messages are partially done. Other areas are still under under construction. But we wanted to let everyone experience the hard work that was put in by a lot of people now.

You can access the shenmue passport automatically with a dreampi!

Shenmue Passport features (Updated to show current progress of restoration) :

Urgent Messages!
- Topics (Done)
- Troubleshooting (Done, but needs missing texts)
Shenmue World
- Profiles (Done)
- Places (Done)
- All Moves Scroll (Done)
Nozomi's Messages
- Information (Done)
- Clues (Done)
Network Rankings (Not currently available)
Data Review (Done)
Online Manual (Done)
Everyone's Space
- Shenmue Goodies(Done, but is missing several profile files for download)
- Free Market (Done)
- What's new! (Done, but needs missing texts)
Shenmue.com (WIP)

First off I want to thank the group from Shenmue Dojo and the team who created Sukapass for their hard work providing the description data for
us. Please check out their app as well! https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index ... -app.1504/

Next of course I want to thank Jial for reverse engineering the Shenmue Passport disc. This is quite an accomplishment, I think everyone will really enjoy it!

As usual please post here if you see any errors on the Shenmue World, and Nozomi's Messages. If you see a Debug Message instead of a description please let us know immediately so we can update the database!.
Last edited by Xiden on Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:39 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Holsten
brutal

Re: Shenmue Passport Is Back Online!!

Post#2 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:34 am

i have no idea what that means but good job anyway
Holsten knallt am dollsten.

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#3 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:19 pm

Really, Thanks to you and Jial for all the work!!! . This is a great goal reached and a very important item for the people that want to revive the Shenmue experience.

I drop my hat and dance over it. Congrats!!! ;-)
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

anti
lithium

Post#4 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:46 pm

I haven’t seen the Shenmue website in damn near 20 years. Great news and good work!!!

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#5 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:52 am

This is awesome. This was one of my most hopeful online returns. The current gen ports of the games did not include passport features obviously. Back in the early 2000s when I played Shenmue I did not understand / utilize this disc enough. I am so happy to see work is being done with this and can't wait to have some online rankings of Shenmue for the community :D

I am not sure if I remember correctly, but did this allow for your arcade high scores to be listed online also?

hadyn
letterbomb

Post#6 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:12 am

Does this work with the Japanese version?

jial
Developer

Post#7 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:50 am

hadyn wrote:Does this work with the Japanese version?

Right now not. But if anyone with that version can access I can capture and add it to work with JP version

Xiden
Developer

Post#8 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:58 pm

Nico0020 wrote:This is awesome. This was one of my most hopeful online returns. The current gen ports of the games did not include passport features obviously. Back in the early 2000s when I played Shenmue I did not understand / utilize this disc enough. I am so happy to see work is being done with this and can't wait to have some online rankings of Shenmue for the community :D

I am not sure if I remember correctly, but did this allow for your arcade high scores to be listed online also?

The leaderboards featured mostly arcade high scores plus some other modes as well :)

Johne
fragger

Post#9 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:22 pm

Awesome news! Will be great to use leaderboards in the future.

Johne
fragger

Post#10 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:32 pm

jial wrote:
hadyn wrote:Does this work with the Japanese version?

Right now not. But if anyone with that version can access I can capture and add it to work with JP version

I own this version and used to access it while playing the game to get the special features. I need to warn you in advance before to connect the Passport?