Shenmue Passport Is Back Online!!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

jial
Developer

Re: Shenmue Passport Is Back Online!!

Post#41 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:47 pm

Ok, then is a big issue that I will take me more time, so sorry :(

Xiden
Developer

Post#42 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:08 pm

Robfozz wrote:
jial wrote:Can you try again robfozz?

Server connection was down

Still just loading endlessly for me.

Have you tried a different VMU or save file? Even before everything was restored you could still reach an "Offline" version of Shenmue Passport just when the passport tried to get various info it would give an "Unable to get Data in areas where the server is being purged". Are you using 3rd party controller or memory? It's either that or you have a bad version of the game. I've had another person test in a different state and his is working. I know PCWzrd13 also tested awhile back and he was in as well.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#43 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:09 pm

Just tested it and it's still working fine for me.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Robfozz
rebel

Post#44 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:24 am

Xiden wrote:
Robfozz wrote:
jial wrote:Can you try again robfozz?

Server connection was down

Have you tried a different VMU or save file? Even before everything was restored you could still reach an "Offline" version of Shenmue Passport just when the passport tried to get various info it would give an "Unable to get Data in areas where the server is being purged". Are you using 3rd party controller or memory? It's either that or you have a bad version of the game. I've had another person test in a different state and his is working. I know PCWzrd13 also tested awhile back and he was in as well.

It works just fine in offline mode. Data loads no problem.
Pepperonium

jial
Developer

Post#45 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:28 am

You are using pal version right?

Xiden
Developer

Post#46 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:45 am

Robfozz wrote:
Xiden wrote:
Robfozz wrote:

It works just fine in offline mode. Data loads no problem.

If you're able to, download MSR for dreamcast and see if the website works, its on the same server. Curious if you can get anything at all from it.

Robfozz
rebel

Post#47 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:17 pm

jial wrote:You are using pal version right?

I've tried both PAL and NTSC-U. Both are the same

Xiden wrote:If you're able to, download MSR for dreamcast and see if the website works, its on the same server. Curious if you can get anything at all from it.

Yep that works just fine as does any other Dreamcast game where the websites and functionality has been brought back. I downloaded the DLC ghost data no issues.
Pepperonium

Xiden
Developer

Post#48 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:45 pm

Robfozz wrote:
jial wrote:You are using pal version right?

I've tried both PAL and NTSC-U. Both are the same

Xiden wrote:If you're able to, download MSR for dreamcast and see if the website works, its on the same server. Curious if you can get anything at all from it.

Yep that works just fine as does any other Dreamcast game where the websites and functionality has been brought back. I downloaded the DLC ghost data no issues.

Well that good news there, the only thing I can offer is if you want to email me the save file you are using for NTSC and ill see if im able to reproduce the issue. I'll pm you my Dreamcast email.

Insert Disc
noob

Post#49 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:53 am

Just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU for all of the work on this!! It always made me sad that almost all the functionality of this disc was lost to time for almost 20 years. I dreamed for so long of being able to play through the game using the passport as intended.. I am going to mow! Thanks very much again and hope to see continued progress on Shenmue.com and the remaining WIPs!

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

Post#50 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:46 pm

It only occurred to me the other day that my copy of Shenmue has "Online Features" printed on its front - I wasn't aware until then that the game had any kind of online content.

I ended up discovering the Passport and reading more about it, and it's wonderful to hear that it's back online, well done! Hoping to check this out if/when I get a DreamPi further down the line. The Shenmue experience as a whole is super charming, and it sounds like this pushes the charm even further.