What’s next?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Markdanni123
minority

What’s next?

Post#1 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:17 am

Was just wondering because I watched ItsMuchMore’s YouTube channel that he was talking to a few devs a while back and they where talking about what is coming next for Dreamcast online game's, he said about the W.I.P games but do we know what else is being worked on behind the scenes?

Cass
MegaDeath

Re: What’s next?

Post#2 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:25 am

Who knows but it's been a great 12 months for the DC. Some amazing finds and games. The Atomiswave ports, Xenocider, Intrepid Izzy in a few days and some stellar homebrew. On the online side I think it's just a case of wait and see and keeping your fingers crossed.

VKNIGHT20
core

Post#3 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:27 pm

Agree with @Cass. The Dreamcast Online scene for a non-developer is mostly a waiting game, but one I'm grateful for nonetheless. I believe that Bomberman Online is going to be the next revived Online game. Likely going to see some more websites (ex. Daytona USA) brought back. Also might see the return of leaderboards for certain games.
John 3:16

Markdanni123
minority

Post#4 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:03 am

Sounds good and I can’t wait for bomberman online, I have only ever played the Saturn bomberman but I played that game to death! And having that online against other people sounds like a dream come true

OriginalName
rebel

Post#5 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:59 pm

VKNIGHT20 wrote:Agree with @Cass. The Dreamcast Online scene for a non-developer is mostly a waiting game, but one I'm grateful for nonetheless. I believe that Bomberman Online is going to be the next revived Online game. Likely going to see some more websites (ex. Daytona USA) brought back. Also might see the return of leaderboards for certain games.

What gives you the impression Bomberman Online will be next above the other three currently listed as W.I.P. on the Dreamcast Live page? Just curious since I'm just getting into the online scene and am really excited about both that one and Outtrigger in particular.

VKNIGHT20
core

Post#6 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:26 pm

OriginalName wrote:
VKNIGHT20 wrote:Agree with @Cass. The Dreamcast Online scene for a non-developer is mostly a waiting game, but one I'm grateful for nonetheless. I believe that Bomberman Online is going to be the next revived Online game. Likely going to see some more websites (ex. Daytona USA) brought back. Also might see the return of leaderboards for certain games.

What gives you the impression Bomberman Online will be next above the other three currently listed as W.I.P. on the Dreamcast Live page? Just curious since I'm just getting into the online scene and am really excited about both that one and Outtrigger in particular.

Shuouma has already begun work on it, and stated that he is going to finish that project first.
John 3:16

anti
lithium

Post#7 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:05 pm

They are working on Bomberman Online which should open doors to other games being revived like Outtrigger and possibly Propeller Arena.

There’s also work being done for KDDI based games like the Japanese exclusive Capcom fighting games with online multiplayer. Pcwizard and Shuoma have both mentioned their struggles and accomplishments with that platform and I pray they figure it out so we can all play together for the first time.

pizzahotline
shadow

Post#8 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:12 pm

This is cool to read. I'm particularly keen on Outtrigger but Bomberman would be amazing to see too! Is there a place to stay up to date with the people working on this stuff? Or do they typically work behind the scenes?

Return to “Online”