help needed with no PC download of DreamPi SD card

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

tripletopper
blackout!

help needed with no PC download of DreamPi SD card

Post#1 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:11 am

Hello the last time I wrote I was on 1.6 megabits in 400 kilobits out DSL sharing with the family now I could at least get five megabits in 5 megabits out if I use my Macintosh using hotspot or if I download on my Android directly I could get 40 Meg in 20 meg out.

I can download the file of dream pie successfully but the question is I have no idea what to do once it's on a memory card. I do have someone's personal Raspberry Pi that they made specifically for DreamPi.

All the instructions on this place seem to assume you have a PC. Well I don't have a PC. All the videos assume you have a PC and all the videos that talk about Mac assume you're not downloading something for dreampi specifically.

Is there a Mac or Android specific and dreampi specific video or instruction list? If it's just as easy with mac and Android I prefer the Android because it's faster.

Also must the dream pie be wired on the ethernet side or can it be using Wi-Fi or a Bluetooth Wi-Fi Wireless N 5 gigahertz adapter. I was told with the Nintendo switch to avoid 2.4 GHz if I can.

GIR
rebel

Re: help needed with no PC download of DreamPi SD card

Post#2 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:13 am

Once your micro sd card is imaged with DreamPi insert it into your Raspberry Pi (preferably one with an Ethernet port) and it should automatically begin its boot sequence correctly provided a compatible usb modem is attached.

GIR
rebel

Post#3 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:14 am

Use this and image your sd card with DreamPi - https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspbe ... g-utility/

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#4 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:34 am

If you have a Mac you have the tools built in to flash sd cards a Unix base tool called dd.

https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/how-to-cr ... d-command/