[SOLVED] PSO v2 Online Woes (Schthack)

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Re: [SOLVED] PSO v2 Online Woes (Schthack)

Post#21 » Thu May 27, 2021 10:56 pm

use this to make a codebreaker dns redirect code to whatever ip you want.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13799

also you can use dr dns app to redirect as well..
or hex edit pso auto connect with the ip you want.

there are many ways to do the same thing.

the best thing to do would be to make your own gdi or cdi with whatever mods you want.
and play on whatever server you want.
or host your own pso server and skip all of the boring legit bullshit.
this way you can do whatever you want.
pso is only fun with mods.
idk ?

dreamyjelly
rebel

Post#22 » Fri May 28, 2021 3:25 pm

SMiTH wrote:the best thing to do would be to make your own gdi or cdi with whatever mods you want.
and play on whatever server you want.
or host your own pso server and skip all of the boring legit bullshit.
this way you can do whatever you want.
pso is only fun with mods.
idk ?

I totally would make my own image if I knew how. Please feel free to link to a guide on how to make a custom cdi of the game connecting to a server of choice XD Because I can't find jack.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#23 » Fri May 28, 2021 4:09 pm

I'm genuinely curious, why do you want to connect to Schthack when nobody plays V2 there? Since you went to so much trouble to connect, I assume you have a reason...
"Fear the HUnewearl."

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#24 » Fri May 28, 2021 5:00 pm

dreamyjelly wrote:I totally would make my own image if I knew how. Please feel free to link to a guide on how to make a custom cdi of the game connecting to a server of choice XD Because I can't find jack.

easiest way would be for you to find any of the autoconnect versions that still exist for download and simply hex edit the .cdi to your desired server ip.
for the versions that might give a crc error and fail to burn after you do this, you need to extract the data then patch dp_address.jp or whatever its called. then rebuild cdi.

Aleron Ives wrote:I'm genuinely curious, why do you want to connect to Schthack when nobody plays V2 there? Since you went to so much trouble to connect, I assume you have a reason...

Maybe he doesn't like all of the legit bullshit and wants to enjoy pso by using mods to play as sonic. or maybe have fun making matrix weapons, god mags, or warp to lobby from pioneer to fight dark falz lol

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#25 » Fri May 28, 2021 8:26 pm

L0L on the real

dreamyjelly
rebel

Post#26 » Fri May 28, 2021 10:10 pm

Well, without offending anyone, I really don't like how Sylverant is run in comparison. ^^; It's way way too strict on the whole "legit" thing given the age and nature of the game. I don't want to worry about being permabanned because someone so happened to use the same code I have, especially since these days we should be able to authenticate with other ways too :/ So, yeah, Schthack just seems more chill in terms of how it's run, and although the GC cross-play is limited, I still will probably use it to play with my gf until we get together irl again.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#27 » Sat May 29, 2021 4:00 am

That's fair. Thanks for answering, and enjoy your adventures on Ragol. :)
"Fear the HUnewearl."

brunovieira90
minority

Re: PSO v2 Online Woes

Post#28 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:08 am

Nico0020 wrote:Iirc, you can't have your codes on the same VMU as ur PSO save file. PSOv2 will disable the codes at start.

So wait for PSO to boot, remove the VMU with your codes and put in your VMU with your character.

Also not much a point of playing on Schthack with v2. No one plays there with v2 at all. That place is a shell of it's former self sadly.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I think it's a little late to answer this, but it's always good to have information. you can have the code breaker code to change the route and any other codes from it saved in the same vmu as the pso save. you just can't start the codebreaker with more than one vmu besides the one that has the code inserted into it. so you can save the code in the same vmu as the save and after the game starts, insert the other vmus you want. if there is another vmu inserted, the codebreaker conflicts and will not find your code added by typing and saved in vmu

brunovieira90
minority

Re: PSO v2 Online Woes

Post#29 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:13 am

BlueCrab wrote:Both Japanese versions and the USv2 version have a check against a Sega server that no longer exists that is done right after the "Welcome" message. You need to use either some patches to make the game actually work online anymore to remove that check. Specifically, you need my "HL Check Disable" codes for CodeBreaker (which I posted on the Sylverant web site's how to connect page), along with any enable codes.

Since you're playing through dialup, you will also need the appropriate server connection code to connect to whatever server you want to play on as well.

All that said, if you wanted to play on Sylverant (even though you said you don't, I'm still going to mention this, since I am the one who wrote Sylverant and all of the related stuff for it), I have a disc that you boot before the game that will fix up all of this for you without needing CodeBreaker (and so that you don't have to deal with the problems that using CodeBreaker may cause either).

sorry for my stupid question but using codebreaker to change the route of an original japanese gdi can cause any problem to the sylverant user? I ask this because I use a japanese gdi in my gdemu, because the key I have from the pso is from a japanese disk, and as the cdi with the route change is based on the American version, my key would not work. causing me to have to launch codebreaker codes to point to the correct server before starting the game.