Broadband Adaptor + Planet Web 3.0 Not Saving Settings

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

neondreamcast
shadow

Re: Broadband Adaptor + Planet Web 3.0 Not Saving Settings

Post#11 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:59 am

thank you everyone for the help so far.

Ok...so new update - no clue what i was able to do but at some point using the planet web 3 a screen loaded that basically said the "document could not be found" (and I ended up on this screen somehow by clicking internet options, which is normally supposed to bring me to the network setup screen but somehow it brought up the broken url page)...but I was able to change the url in the url window to google...and it loaded! I quickly saved "current URL" to my VMU to allow me to just get online by loading the URL for google.com from planet web.

Now the weird thing is all the settings for static IP, DNS, etc are all still 0.0.0.0...but able to get online at least to google.

Now my question is - how exactly can i get online with Jet Grind Radio to "save" images I've uploaded to a website to save on my VMU.

I've looked up posts about going to Internet from the Garage....but when I try to connect, it tries to use the "modem"

So my following questions are:
1. Can I get online using broadband on Jet Grind or is it only compatible with modem
2. How exactly do I bring up the in-game browser on Jet Grind Radio? I've read post to basically hold A and press start 9 times and then press Y on the bottom of the "internet" portal screen in the game to bring up the URL window so I can change it to google.com. I've tried a gazillion times and nothing is happening. Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

thank you all so much for the help so far - much appreciation from bottom of heart

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#12 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:03 am

you could try using planetweb to reset internet settings:

viewtopic.php?t=8231&start=10#p88780

so you are saying you have no access to a cd burner at all?

the easiest fix would be to burn a copy of :

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=12379

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#13 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:00 am

Glad you were able to get it working! I wonder if it's not saving the settings because of a bad disc. Usually the "document cannot be found" error is because of a problem reading the disc.

Regarding Jet Grind Radio, it only supports the modem. The only games you can go online with using the BBA are PSO, Quake III Arena, Toy Racer, and POD SpeedZone.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

neondreamcast
shadow

Post#14 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:14 pm

Thank you Pcwzrd13 - just so I understand, if I want to get online with the Dreamcast on the Jet Grind Radio in-game browser to save images onto my VMU, i'll need the 56k modem and DreamPi?

Once I have that - I can get online with the in-game browser of Jet Grind Radio? Could i use planetweb 3 to help modify the internet settings to work with the dream pi or is it absolutely necessary to use XDP?

Lastly, is there any way to save images to my VMU to be recognized by Jet Grind Radio other than to utilize the in-game browser of Jet Grind?

Thank you so much for all your help :)

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#15 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:48 am

neondreamcast wrote:Could i use planetweb 3 to help modify the internet settings to work with the dream pi or is it absolutely necessary to use XDP?

you can use any of these dc browsers/games to configure bba:
dreammpassport
planetweb 3
xdp
propeller arena
bomberman online
pso v2
quake3
marcus comstedt's app
dreamweb
and i'm sure there are multiple jp games that allow you to configure bba as well.

save yourself all the trouble and get a cd burner or a gd-emu.
that way you have everything you need.

as for dreampi you can simply run it in a vm, no need to buy anything.
but do whatever you want.

dreampi is not the only method to connect the dreamcast to game servers.
there are many other options.

as for jet grind radio....
maybe respond to ERVOSCV he has done some really nice custom jetgrind graffiti
check this thread maybe some1 will chime in.
Xiden explains the jetgrind browser as well.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=11623