Can I connect to DreamPI if my Dreamcast has a Lan adaptor

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Dodanu'
noob

Can I connect to DreamPI if my Dreamcast has a Lan adaptor

Post#1 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:23 am

Hello, today my Dreamcast has arrived from Japan, and it has a Lan adaptor instead of a Line adaptor, and I haven't found anywhere if I can connect my DC thru DreamPi online or not, and if not is there any other way I can play games online? Please excuse me if this is a dumb question, and please excuse my English. Thank you.

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Re: Can I connect to DreamPI if my Dreamcast has a Lan adaptor

Post#2 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:57 am

First, find out if it's actually the LAN adapter or the Broadband adapter. Both say LAN on the jack but have different model numbers. If it's the Broadband adapter you'll be able to play a subset of the online games. If it's the LAN adapter you cannot. Either way, you can't use the dreampi with it.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

hawkzer0
dirty sailor

Post#3 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:15 pm

If it is indeed the Broadband Adapter, you have won the lottery my friend!
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:10 pm

You're good

Don't know what you paid so who knows if lotto won xP

It's good to set the ethernet adapter broadband adapter aside, sell, personally worthless to me

You want the Dreamcast dial-up modem, a line voltage inducer integrated with a USB fax modem, a Raspberry Pi 3

Limitless, every network multiplayer title on Dreamcast uses it whilst the broadband adapter is a fingerful of games maybe four of them