PSO in lobby problem

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

spinksy
Prince of Persia

PSO in lobby problem

Post#1 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:12 pm

Hey all,

was just playing PSO online on my DC, I was in a lobby and playing in a game on my own (just getting some exp etc) when it said that someone called 'Arcadia' was joinning my game, I was quite pleased as hoped to make some new friends on there but as soon as that person joinned my DC went back to the start up screen and when I reloaded I'd lost all my money and items!!!!!

Well piss*d off, anyone any ideas??
Dreamcast, it's still thinking.

PSO v2 HuCAST lvl.46
name: Predator

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Re: What the hell just happened??!!

Post#2 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:20 pm

can't say why you got disconnected. but losing any unequipped items and all of the money in you wallet is a common thing when you get disconnected.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#3 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:54 pm

Most of us back up our characters. I use Dream Explorer to do this.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Impulse
Admin

Re: PSO in lobby problem

Post#4 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:15 am

What server were you on?
-Impulse

K_I_R_E_E_K

Post#5 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:44 am

Your game freezed after someone joined, it happens and everything is lost
Your game reseted after someone joined, you dreamcast made a reset when requesting more power to operate, this is bad connection in the pins and the power converter, data is also lost.

Use another memory card to backup your data, use my trick at youtube or use bob dobbs idea of the dream explorer.
I'm not sure if you only lose your items or the items and banked items.
If you only lose your items use /save <password> in the lobby and in case you lose everything then go to the lobby and use /restor <password>, after this wait some time (in most cases takes a while for the game to do this), after this slect quit to save the data because if you enter a room everything is lost again.

Smokexz
undertow

Post#6 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:57 pm

Bob Dobbs wrote:Most of us back up our characters. I use Dream Explorer to do this.

I am downloading and burning Dream Explorer right now, but how the heck do you actually get the vmu file onto the disc? does it burn/send it to the disc then you take it out thru your PC and therefore have a backup?

Smokexz
undertow

Post#7 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:34 pm

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:Your game freezed after someone joined, it happens and everything is lost
Your game reseted after someone joined, you dreamcast made a reset when requesting more power to operate, this is bad connection in the pins and the power converter, data is also lost.

Use another memory card to backup your data, use my trick at youtube or use bob dobbs idea of the dream explorer.
I'm not sure if you only lose your items or the items and banked items.
If you only lose your items use /save <password> in the lobby and in case you lose everything then go to the lobby and use /restor <password>, after this wait some time (in most cases takes a while for the game to do this), after this slect quit to save the data because if you enter a room everything is lost again.

Bob's method requires a coder cable/bba, what is YOUR method? the one you just stated?

K_I_R_E_E_K

Post#8 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:49 pm

1 dreamcast, 1 controler and 2 memory cards (or 1 that has separated slots)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbfTP7IZmRM