Unable to setup raspberry pi to wifi

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Shmmitty822
noob

Unable to setup raspberry pi to wifi

Post#1 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:53 pm

I just got my dreampi setup with it all connected up but, when I try to setup wifi with "wificonfig" and type in the correct information of my router, I reach an error. After I confirm my information, it tells me,
"unable to open the network config file. Please run "sudo wificonfig" and try again"
"unable to open the interfaces config file. Please run "sudo wificonfig" and try again"
"unable to open the boot config file. Please run "sudo wificonfig" and try again"
I haven't got a clue how to fix this and I can't use ethernet to bring the pi online because of how my router works.
Any help would be appreciated!

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Re: Unable to setup raspberry pi to wifi

Post#2 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:55 pm

Does your router have ethernet ports?

Shmmitty822
noob

Post#3 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:34 pm

Yes it does, wireless is more convenient for me because I would have to move my dreamcast and screen to use it. Additionally, I did move it and tested the ethernet. I found that it worked and transmitted a signal to my dreamcast. Also, I reinstalled the dreampi image on two sd cards just a few minutes ago but, I still have the same problem.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#4 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:13 am

Might be a stupid question but are you actually running "sudo wificonfig"? lol If you just run "wificonfig" by itself, you'll get that error because you won't have permission to write to the config file.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Shmmitty822
noob

Post#5 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:22 am

Alright, I may not be the brightest as it seems because this worked. I didn't know it made such a difference because I was able to set it up with just wificonfig not too long ago. Thanks pcwzrd!