URGENT PSOv2 advice needed!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DreamState
blackout!

URGENT PSOv2 advice needed!

Post#1 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:43 am

Hello all I need some urgent advice please! Ive been playing PSOv2 via Dreamcast for awhile now using a shared serial but I’ve recently swapped out the console motherboard due to freezing and in-game problems. The game is now asking for serial and access key. Am I screwed because the character is console locked? Or Can I put in the same shared serial i used before to continue my saved game and character?

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Re: URGENT PSOv2 advice needed!

Post#2 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:27 am

You just need to put in your shared SNAK again. I'd there is already a different SNAK registered to that console you will need to use the Dreamcast memory flashers disc to remove it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

DreamState
blackout!

Post#3 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:56 am

Nico0020 wrote:You just need to put in your shared SNAK again. I'd there is already a different SNAK registered to that console you will need to use the Dreamcast memory flashers disc to remove it.

I just did that, same codes and all and it’s not showing any available saved games on my memory cards to continue from. Is there a way around this? as I said I think my DC is dying. Does that mine I will lose everything I completed on my game?

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#4 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:58 am

At what point is it asking for the SNAK. When you try to make a character?

DreamState
blackout!

Post#5 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:18 am

Nico0020 wrote:At what point is it asking for the SNAK. When you try to make a character?

I presse continue to carry on with my saved game and after that is when it asked me

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#6 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:25 am

Does it give you an error when you put in the shared serial?
If so, then you should flash your DC memory using this disc. As long as the SNAK in your Dreamcast matches the one on your character save file it should be able to load
https://dreamcast.wiki/Flash_Memory_Eraser

Once you do this, you will have to set up all your Dreamcast online settings again and re enter your SNAK on your dreamcast also.

DreamState
blackout!

Post#7 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:32 am

Nico0020 wrote:Does it give you an error when you put in the shared serial?
If so, then you should flash your DC memory using this disc. As long as the SNAK in your Dreamcast matches the one on your character save file it should be able to load
https://dreamcast.wiki/Flash_Memory_Eraser

Once you do this, you will have to set up all your Dreamcast online settings again and re enter your SNAK on your dreamcast also.

There was no error when I put the codes in on the new motherboard, but it wasn’t recognising my PSOv2 saved game at all. So where do I go from here?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#8 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:34 am

If your character won't load, the serial and key you entered don't match the ones you used for your character. Are you 100% sure you used the same ones? Unfortunately unless you find the matching serial and key, your character is lost.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

DreamState
blackout!

Post#9 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:41 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:If your character won't load, the serial and key you entered don't match the ones you used for your character. Are you 100% sure you used the same ones? Unfortunately unless you find the matching serial and key, your character is lost.

Is there a disk-less way of using the DC flasher? I’d like to wipe my new motherboard and enter a new SNAK to see if I mistakenly entered the wrong codes.

NightBreeze
fire

Post#10 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:41 pm

IIRC (and I may be wrong) it's possible for a character to be encrypted under a different serial than the one that was used for the game. I can't recall how it happens though, or if there needs to be a PSOv1 serial on the console or not for it to happen. But that could be one explanation why it doesn't work. Definitely recommend running the eraser thought to make sure there wasn't a pre-existing serial on the console. Chances of you entering the wrong (as in typo) serial is incredibly slim, it wouldn't have accepted it if it wasn't a valid format.