PSO Frame drops

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Blayer98
Anarki

PSO Frame drops

Post#1 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:38 pm

Hey, I wanted to know why exactly I get frame drops? I’ve been having them when in a 4 player room for some reason...

My copy is a legit one and I’m using the GD-ROM Drive.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I use a PAL Dreamcast, and my copy of PSO Ver 2 is indeed a legitimate PAL GD-ROM disc.

If it’s due to my network connection then there’s literally nothing I can do to fix it due to having to use a two router setup as my stupid ISP doesn’t allow me to just DMZ the Dreamcast itself. I HATE IT!!!!
Last edited by Blayer98 on Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Blayer98
Anarki

Re: PSO Frame drops

Post#2 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:02 pm

I also want to know the following:

For U.K. Dreamcast players, which ISP are you with and can you DMZ the Dreamcast’s IP Address on your router? If so, which one?

With PSO Frame Drops, have you experienced it and have you tried anything to help mitigate it?

And again for U.K. players, are you using Ethernet or Wi-Fi on your DreamPi?

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#3 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:38 am

Hello

It’s normal to have frame drops on PSO and you cant do nothing for it, especially on lobby if many players is there.

dcdingo
Quad Damage

Post#4 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:16 am

Have to say, frame drops are rarely a problem for me. Sometimes if the lobby is busy, you may notice a bit of juddering, or when there's a lot going on the screen (like TTF++) but it's not consistent or prolonged.

I've been with Virgin Broadband and now Vodafone and never had a problem. I know you have to avoid Sky as they will not let you play around with DMZ settings at all.
PSO - Crimez (Lv136 FoNewm) / Revlis (Lv20 RaCast)
Anything else - dcdingo
YouTube Link

TigerMacZ
undertow

Post#5 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:50 am

I use a japanese release of pso version 2 on my region modded pal dreamcast, again the modem is from an american dreamcast.

My isp is virgin media 200mb and my dmz is .98

and my dreampi is connected by ethernet

i havent noticed any problems... apart from the time the ethernet cable came out

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#6 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:49 am

The PSO cooy i have is from Aleron Ives which is patched 16:9, yes there is a bit slowdowns. I remember on official servers when lobby got full from players man everything is soooo slow...

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#7 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:27 pm

PSO usually slows down instead of dropping frames. You'll sometimes get other players being jittery or jumping around due to network lag. Monsters wouldn't though. I think we need a little more description of what you're seeing.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#8 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:44 pm

I guess it’s slowdowns, Idk. When there’s a lot of enemies on screen the game tends to slow down a bit...

Thanks for some U.K. players answering some of my questions, I am still looking for some more feedback!

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#9 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:14 pm

Very easily everyone takes slowdown with crowded enemy waves I don't even think the dagnab ethernet route solves such

Strictly PC clients on the other hand I assume does not occur but I can't damn me Dreamcast I jus seed the torrents o.0

Return to “Online”