DMZ not working

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

megavolt85
Developer

Re: DMZ not working

Post#21 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:44 pm

WEB interface for old HW revision
Снимок экрана_2020-09-24_19-42-06.png

WEB interface for new HW revision
Снимок экрана_2020-09-24_19-43-00.png

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#22 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:44 pm

I’ve already done that!

Ugh I really hate this setup that I have no choice but to do!!

I can’t get a new router because I don’t pay for the internet...

Ugh I just wish this was more easier, like, idk UPnP support? I can’t add it myself, I’m not a programmer so I’m screwed either way... I might end up selling all of my Dreamcast games that require port forwarding seeing as I can’t play them or can only play them for a little bit before being dc’ed or the connection being slow and never working again for ages.....

I’m not sure exactly what’s causing slow connections or disconnects, is it the two routers I have to use, is it the DreamPi being a wireless connection and not Wired? Idk what else to do...

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#23 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:45 pm

Ok, I will attempt to try Internet Sharing with my Laptop and see if I get any better results, I really am hoping it’s only because of the DreamPi being on Wi-Fi and not because of my setup.

Reminder: Dreamcast > TP-Link Router which can DMZ the IP of Dreamcast > Main router which needs to DMZ the TP-Link Router otherwise ports won’t be open...

Xiden
Developer

Post#24 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:22 pm

Blayer98 wrote:
SEGA RPG FAN wrote:You want the second router set up as a switch. How to do this varies by router, but here's the general idea: https://www.techwalla.com/articles/use-router-switch

I have already tried this.

Using Access Point mode will hide the DMZ options, and even WITH this, I still cannot get DMZ on my main router for my Dreamcast. The Pi and the Dreamcast share the same MAC Address like I mentioned previously (I think I did, can’t remember.)and I cannot enter the Dreamcast’s IP Address because my TalkTalk HG633 router doesn’t work that way...

I havent read through the entire thread beyond this point but if you set the router as access point mode you do not need to set dmz on said router. When you set it to access point mode it forwards all traffic and functions as a switch.

So on the main router just dmz.dreamcast IP only, do not dmz the router IP. If you cannot specify the ip for dmz, then connect dreamcast to internet first then refresh connected devices, see if you are able to select one with .98 at the end. This is what I did when I used two routers.

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#25 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:46 am

I already tried Access Point mode but it still doesn’t display the Dreamcast in the LAN Devices list. It only shows the DreamPi as I’m pretty sure it’s due to the MAC address already being assigned to an IP Address... I can’t connect my Dreamcast to the Internet first as it requires DreamPi, and I don’t own a BBA because they’re too expensive!

With Access Point mode on my TP-Link router, there’s no DMZ option so I can’t DMZ the IP Address. My TalkTalk HG633 router will only set profiles with a MAC Address, and since the Dreamcast does not have one, I can’t set it to be DMZ’ed, only the DreamPi.

I have tried a ton of stuff to get this working, and seemingly the only way I’ll ever be able to connect is to use a second router and DMZ’ing my Dreamcast and then DMZ’ing my second router on my main one. I hate this setup!!!!!!

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#26 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:01 am

386AFEFE-59DB-4AAB-AA54-FFFCC3772E80.png

As you can see here, this is my TalkTalk HG633 settings screen for DMZ. I have literally no where to input an IP Address, I can only select a network device which has a MAC Address assigned. The DreamPi is always connected first as I can’t get my Dreamcast online any other way.

The Add Device Link only shows me the network devices that have ever connected to the router. Again, only the DreamPi shows up, I can’t even get the Dreamcast’s IP to display as something else, as it takes the DreamPi’s MAC address which I saw on my TP-Link router.

EDIT: Just confirmed that I can’t have two devices with the same MAC Address to show up separately, attempting to add a device with the same MAC Address with one already connected gives the error of “MAC Address already connected”.

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#27 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:51 am

megavolt85 wrote:
Blayer98 wrote:I connect the TP Link router via Ethernet to my HG633.

a few more questions and I will be ready to give you step-by-step instructions
1) TL-WR940N has multiple hardware revisions, which revision do you have?
2) which LAN IP is currently installed on TL-WR940N? (IP for accessing the WEB interface)
3) what is the LAN IP of the HG633 now? (IP for accessing the WEB interface)

Sorry! I didn’t see your comment at all!

The revision I have is I think Ver 6.1? I can’t seem to find an exact revision number...
TL-WR940N has 192.168.0.1
TalkTalk HG633 has 192.168.1.1

Xiden
Developer

Post#28 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:32 pm

Blayer98 wrote:I already tried Access Point mode but it still doesn’t display the Dreamcast in the LAN Devices list. It only shows the DreamPi as I’m pretty sure it’s due to the MAC address already being assigned to an IP Address... I can’t connect my Dreamcast to the Internet first as it requires DreamPi, and I don’t own a BBA because they’re too expensive!

With Access Point mode on my TP-Link router, there’s no DMZ option so I can’t DMZ the IP Address. My TalkTalk HG633 router will only set profiles with a MAC Address, and since the Dreamcast does not have one, I can’t set it to be DMZ’ed, only the DreamPi.

I have tried a ton of stuff to get this working, and seemingly the only way I’ll ever be able to connect is to use a second router and DMZ’ing my Dreamcast and then DMZ’ing my second router on my main one. I hate this setup!!!!!!

Then different subnets could be the problem. Can change the tplink to 192.168.1.2 (if talktalk is main)

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#29 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:37 pm

Xiden wrote:
Blayer98 wrote:I already tried Access Point mode but it still doesn’t display the Dreamcast in the LAN Devices list. It only shows the DreamPi as I’m pretty sure it’s due to the MAC address already being assigned to an IP Address... I can’t connect my Dreamcast to the Internet first as it requires DreamPi, and I don’t own a BBA because they’re too expensive!

Then different subnets could be the problem. Can change the tplink to 192.168.1.2 (if talktalk is main)

Ok, would that work if my Ethernet cable from my main router is plugged into the Internet port on my TP-Link router?

Xiden
Developer

Post#30 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:51 pm

Blayer98 wrote:
Xiden wrote:

Ok, would that work if my Ethernet cable from my main router is plugged into the Internet port on my TP-Link router?

Yes, that's what I did when I used two routers.