Connecting Dreamcast to the Internet without Dial-up ??

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

KGTM
noob

Connecting Dreamcast to the Internet without Dial-up ??

Post#1 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:04 am

Hello guys i have dreamcast for some while, but since don't use dia-up, e never played PSO online, so i was wondering it is possible o connect Dreamcast to the internet without Dial-up, by connecting it to a router by wireless or ethernet cable ?? :?

Because i really want to play PSO online. :mrgreen:

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Re: Connecting Dreamcast to the Internet without Dial-up ??

Post#2 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:02 pm

sure, just look for a dreamcast bba on ebay, but expect to pay at least 100 or more, since they're becoming rarer & rarer
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Impulse
Admin

Post#3 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:31 pm

Topic moved to Online section.

Yes a BBA or the PC-DC server method http://dreamcast-talk.com/pcdcserver.html would be the other alternatives. You could go for a cheap or free dial up isp if you have standard phone service in your home.
-Impulse

Kannibal
fragger

Post#4 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:24 pm

I need to get a new monitor for my old Windows 2000 hard drive...I am currently using some old Mac I got for free from a guy that was moving and I used it as backup! my Windows XP hard drive got a virus that destroyed all the nesacary files needed to run when I let this one girl i know download certain programs to take to her PC(she used a USB flash drive). my old monitor got messed up when my cats started playing and the big ones started play fighting and chasing each other all over the house until two of them got tangle behid my pc and pulled the Monotor cable which led to the great fall...
"Dog in man's best friend, Cat is man's adorable little serial killer."

Impulse
Admin

Post#5 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:47 am

ArthurGrindorf wrote:I need to get a new monitor for my old Windows 2000 hard drive...I am currently using some old Mac I got for free from a guy that was moving and I used it as backup! my Windows XP hard drive got a virus that destroyed all the nesacary files needed to run when I let this one girl i know download certain programs to take to her PC(she used a USB flash drive). my old monitor got messed up when my cats started playing and the big ones started play fighting and chasing each other all over the house until two of them got tangle behid my pc and pulled the Monotor cable which led to the great fall...

Did you mean to post this message in another topic?
-Impulse

Kannibal
fragger

Post#6 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:36 am

Nope, just my excuse for not being able to use the pc-dc thing...
"Dog in man's best friend, Cat is man's adorable little serial killer."