FULL Online Games List - 225 Titles!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.
Roareye
Animated Violence

Re: FULL Online Games List - 225 Titles!

Post#41 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:29 pm

Been testing several Japanese games (One game at a time) and used Google Translate app on my phone to translate the text using the Camera. Not always perfect results but with some guesswork it makes isolating each game's potential net features a lot easier.

I'm not finished by any means, but there are already a few outlying oddities;
Battle Beaster - had a DLC mode and/or leaderboard event "coming soon" that never ended up coming out.

Dancing Blade: Kattani II and Imperial Fighter of Zero are not VGA compatible, as they wouldn't show a picture on my TV past the DC boot logo. A shame, as I don't think I have a way around this flaw. There may be more like this, but I'll mark them as I find them.

Guilty Gear X - Had no idea what this was. Pleasantly surprised to find a 2D Fighting title with online Leaderboards.

Lakemasters Pro - I can't find the website. The game browser uses http://www.lakemasters.com (then is cut off and can't be read) but this turns up nothing on Wayback Machine. Likely lost.

Love Hina - Doesn't have a browser, nor multiplayer, nor voice or leaderboards or DLC. It's online connectivity is specifically to send emails/download emails from characters from the game. A strange attempt to continue a romantic relationship with the characters once the game is complete?

Milky Season - Despite having a website, and the box stating it is Modem compatible, I didn't find an option for the browser to view the site. The site only has game info anyway, but even stranger is this title appears to have lots of DLC on the disc ready to save to your VMU - even for games that aren't Milky Season (but presumably by the same publisher/company). If you are into your visual romance novels, then there's DLC on this disc for Milky Season, Memories Off, Never 7, Close To, Yume no Tsubasa and Tentama. The strange thing is most of these games have browsers on disc, but no DLC on the sites. Perhaps this was an attempt to strongarm people into buying a new game disc? Very odd.

Net de Para - Mario Party style game. Might be interesting to be translated. Allows for online play.

Roommania #203 - What the hell is this game? Seaman is pretty crazy, being a game where you raise pet fish who talk to you. But Roommania is a "life simulation" game where you live in a small flat with a man and have to throw balls around the flat to either annoy or placate him. Who's life is this meant to be simulating? XD

I'm up to Segakara for Dreamcast, Shinri, Spawn: In the Demon's Hand, Sports Jam, Tantei Shinshi Dash and Treasure Strike.

colgate
fire

Post#42 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:33 pm

Japanese Mr driller allows you to create a different save file for some kind of contest. I think it had leaderboards as well. Long time since I played with it, but it has some secrets for sure.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

deluxux
Vagabond

Post#43 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:59 am

Hanagumi Taisen Columns 2
https://sakura-taisen.com/archives/game/hanacola2/
Looks like the website is still online with some VMI files for download.
It had VMU files on Disc, I copied over with VMU Explorer and they are playable in game.
Also the DP2.INI file has the web addresses it connects to listed in the file.
And also the PVR files have text on them.

This one looks possible to bring back, and maybe even translate!
Attachments
HTC2_Files.zip
(2.77 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

megavolt85
Toy Commander

Post#44 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:30 pm

deluxux wrote:Looks like the website is still online with some VMI files for download.

VMS too ;)

ok, i'm make site backup and static link
Anyone willing to translate to English?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#45 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:52 pm

deluxux wrote:https://sakura-taisen.com/archives/game/hanacola2/
Looks like the website is still online with some VMI files for download.

The DLC is available from the DLC archive:

https://dreamcastlive.net/hanagumi-tais ... mns-2-dlc/
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

megavolt85
Toy Commander

Post#46 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:09 pm

Hanagumi Taisen Columns 2 site back up

hanacola2.7z
(214.64 KiB) Downloaded 16 times