Japanese Translation

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Dunndeal427
shadow

Japanese Translation

Post#1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:32 pm

Hey friends!

I speak Japanese & am working towards getting more translation experience under my belt (lived there for 3 years & have been speaking the language for over 10); so if there's anybody out there that needs help navigating or translating region exclusive games - feel free to PM me!!

The big goal is to gain enough experience so I can start applying to translation jobs here in Seattle. ;)

Also totally down to do it for free (may take some time, but your girl is eager and ready!! :D )

Best,
Jane

TrainwreckX
shadow

Re: Japanese Translation

Post#2 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:00 pm

This brings up a topic for me that I've been wondering about. Is there any way to apply a translation patch to a Dreamcast game like you can with older ROM-style games from the cart systems? I'd love to play SGSGSGSGSGASGSAGSAGAGGSGSGSGSGSGSGSAGSA but it's an RPG and I feel that it would be too much effort to play in Japanese.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#3 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:57 am

There is a project of translation by the Dreamcast junkyard for segagaga.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:39 am

Yes you can apply translation patches first you have to translate it hack the game spend the work doing it not easy to do at all.. that takes a talented low level code hacker..
hacking the dreamcast game to even find the places the txt is at in the main bin grafix etc..

sometimes years of work