Possiblity of Japanese games back online?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Possiblity of Japanese games back online?

Post#1 » Fri May 15, 2020 9:10 am

Hi all.

I was having a look on Dreamcast Live recently and noticed they included the japanese games under 'offine' section. Japan looks to have had a much better online line up! Sega Rally online would be amazing as well as all the others.

Is there a realistic possibility of these games ever coming back online? I think I heard somewhere that the online system they used is very different from the West.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Xiden
Developer

Re: Possiblity of Japanese games back online?

Post#2 » Fri May 15, 2020 9:21 am

Anonymouse wrote:Hi all.

I was having a look on Dreamcast Live recently and noticed they included the japanese games under 'offine' section. Japan looks to have had a much better online line up! Sega Rally online would be amazing as well as all the others.

Is there a realistic possibility of these games ever coming back online? I think I heard somewhere that the online system they used is very different from the West.

Looks like a Japanese programmer is in the process of reversing gundam vs online. According to the developer it's 90% done. He designed it with emulator use in mind though I'm sure with minimal tweaks it could be working on real dreamcast hardware.

More info here.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12867