Help getting online setup via Quake or Unreal

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

big mean bunny
shadow

Help getting online setup via Quake or Unreal

Post#1 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:27 pm

Hi all

I had Dreampi working previously with some help, but I have changed Dreamcast since then. I have just done a fresh install of 1.7, however following Wizards guide I have hit some trouble.

I am in the UK and using kit I got from Wizard (like I said that was working)
I don't have DreamArena 3.0 though - I have tried to burn the XDP browser but it keeps failings

How do I set up my Dreampi using Unreal or Quake? PC mentions this in his video but I can't seem to find a way in any games to access any settings?

big mean bunny
shadow

Re: Help getting online setup via Quake or Unreal

Post#2 » Wed May 13, 2020 4:19 pm

Hi all

So whilst trying to find discs I found a spindle where I had a working copy of the browser. I have followed the instructions and put everything in correctly, it seems to have revived my old profile I showed up on Dreamcast now (bigmeanbunny) and I checked the DMZ part of the video and have sorted that.

However I can't get MSR to work, when I got Internet in game nothing happens after the site loads, it loads a VMU screen first where it's asking me for a settings file, should I have one?

Also not sure if this is linked but I can't log in to SegaNet. It says I have a username and have had it send me the password but even when I try that it's not working. Is this potentially my issue?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Wed May 13, 2020 5:30 pm

Just an FYI, but Unreal isn't a game that has revived online yet.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#4 » Wed May 13, 2020 8:10 pm

I have used Quake 3. I have the NTSC/U version. When I select "Internet game", it will bring up the Dial-up menu. That is where you can make changes.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

big mean bunny
shadow

Post#5 » Thu May 14, 2020 7:43 am

Thanks all, Unreal definitely gets mentioned in the video but at least I know to not try that. Do I need a settings file or anything then for MSR like I mentioned it's asking for?

big mean bunny
shadow

Post#6 » Sun May 17, 2020 4:15 pm

Hi all

Sorry to pester but is anyone able to give me any more help with the above?

Strik3r91
letterbomb

Post#7 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:26 am

big mean bunny wrote:Hi all

Sorry to pester but is anyone able to give me any more help with the above?

As Bob said "select "Internet game", it will bring up the Dial-up menu. That is where you can make changes."
What is the problem with it?
From love, with Russia :)

big mean bunny
shadow

Post#8 » Tue May 26, 2020 10:56 am

That I thought I had the settings configured, as I show up on Dreamcast now. But when I try to go to the site on MSR it doesn't take me anywhere, the screen loads off sync and says I can't connect.

I will keep my eye on the games being set up and just see if I can join anything in play for other games.

dcdingo
Quad Damage

Post#9 » Tue May 26, 2020 3:46 pm

If you're totally stuck you could download and burn Dreamkey 3. I'm a PAL gamer and, as I recall, I had to set up in Dreamkey but used XDP to set up for NTSC exclusives. Sure there's a better way but it worked for me.

If you can't find DK3, give me a shout :D
PSO - Crimez (Lv136 FoNewm) / Revlis (Lv20 RaCast)
Anything else - dcdingo
YouTube Link

big mean bunny
shadow

Post#10 » Wed May 27, 2020 6:59 am

Ah cheers Dingo, that might help then if you could link me, as will try that.