Metropolis Street is Racer Back Online!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Xiden
Developer

Re: Metropolis Street Racer Back Online!

Post#31 » Thu May 14, 2020 8:33 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:Strange. Yeah dnsmasq is used by default. It's where the main DNS server is set as well.

Did you try a couple times? Sometimes for me it doesn't load the page the first time. If I try again it works.

I rebooted my pi and my router and now everything works correctly. Maybe something got cached that was causing issues *shrugs* but it works now :)

Thanks man!

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#32 » Fri May 15, 2020 4:24 am

AMAZING!!!!! I cant waiting to upload some times when I get back home.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#33 » Fri May 15, 2020 9:40 am

The DNS is fixed! :-D Out of curiosity I Googled the IP that the DNS was responding with, and as it turns out, it was an old IP for DreamPipe from a few years ago. I told Kazade and he found an old config file that contained that IP. He made the necessary changes and voila! All good now!

I should note that, for me at least, it still can take a couple tries for the site to load. Might be an issue on Jial's server but I'm not sure. If it doesn't load the first time for you, just click the MSR logo again and it should load.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Xiden
Developer

Post#34 » Fri May 15, 2020 11:59 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:The DNS is fixed! :-D Out of curiosity I Googled the IP that the DNS was responding with, and as it turns out, it was an old IP for DreamPipe from a few years ago. I told Kazade and he found an old config file that contained that IP. He made the necessary changes and voila! All good now!

I should note that, for me at least, it still can take a couple tried for the site to load. Might be an issue on Jial's server but I'm not sure. If it doesn't load the first time for you, just click the MSR logo again and it should load.

Good deal, that should explain why some other sites we added for future restorations pointed to that same ip :D

hadyn
letterbomb

Post#35 » Fri May 15, 2020 1:08 pm

Hi All,

I managed to get this to work today on my PAL Dreamcast and even downloaded a time trial to my VMU!

It wouldn’t work without putting in the code that was in this thread on my pi.

Am I ok to leave the code in or do I have to put anything else in now?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge about programming!

Xiden
Developer

Post#36 » Fri May 15, 2020 1:52 pm

hadyn wrote:Hi All,

I managed to get this to work today on my PAL Dreamcast and even downloaded a time trial to my VMU!

You can leave the code in place as it should accomplish the same goal as the dns does. The only potential issue is if the ip change but I believe its a static ip.

I can also create a new dnsmasq with that added line removed as well if you want.

hadyn
letterbomb

Post#37 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:14 pm

Xiden wrote:

You can leave the code in place as it should accomplish the same goal as the dns does. The only potential issue is if the ip change but I believe its a static ip.

I can also create a new dnsmasq with that added line removed as well if you want.

Whatever you recommend is best to future proof it. I don’t really want to messing with my DreamPi too much.

Xiden
Developer

Post#38 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:39 pm

hadyn wrote:
Xiden wrote:

Whatever you recommend is best to future proof it. I don’t really want to messing with my DreamPi too much.

PC has updated the dnsmasq code.

Simply rerun that script again and it will revert the changes and you should be future proof :)

Greg2600
dark night

Post#39 » Fri May 15, 2020 10:49 pm

Well I'll just wait for a fix because I'm way too much of a simpleton to mess with the pi again.

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#40 » Sat May 16, 2020 4:34 am

OMG MSR!!!! Thanks to each one!!! Say thank you is few. This is very big! :D
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!