Metropolis Street is Racer Back Online!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

rjay63
Beats of Rage

Re: Metropolis Street Racer Back Online!

Post#81 » Tue May 26, 2020 5:42 pm

Managed to upload a new time on the San Francisco "Fisherman's Challenge" course (World Time Trial leaderboard). I note that when you look around the various leaderboards (one after the other), it can sometimes take a while to load the new page. Sometimes I "cancel", return to the homepage and try again; this seems to make things move a little faster.
My Metropolis Street Racer Blog: http://www.msrdreamcast.blogspot.com
MSR ghosts/time trials and official DLC: https://www.dreamcastlive.net/metropoli ... r-dlc.html

Xiden
Developer

Post#82 » Tue May 26, 2020 6:20 pm

louis012345678 wrote:Is there anyway of accessing the website on a pc or phone (i.e. what is the url for the site?) so we can view the leaderboards without needing to open the site on a dreamcast or is it all internal like dreamarena originally was?

I don't know if jial has purchased a domain name for his server.

For now you can add host entry in windows/mac for 90.69.133.247 metropolis.dream-key.com

Then u can go to that site via your web browser.

Xiden
Developer

Post#83 » Tue May 26, 2020 6:23 pm

rjay63 wrote:Managed to upload a new time on the San Francisco "Fisherman's Challenge" course (World Time Trial leaderboard). I note that when you look around the various leaderboards (one after the other), it can sometimes take a while to load the new page. Sometimes I "cancel", return to the homepage and try again; this seems to make things move a little faster.

Just a note to everyone, the dreamcast web browsers can be wonky at times. Sometimes it will get hung up on images or what not. I know roareye did his best to compress all images to make them more dreamcast dial up friendly as browser memory fills fast. Unfortunately I don't think much more optimizations could be applied to help. (I think it could be due to large background image loading causing hangups)

jial
Developer

Post#84 » Wed May 27, 2020 1:39 am

Hi to all

Hadyn: I don´t have any register about shibuya time trial, maybe it's a bug in uploading, I will review it to be sure.

louis012345678: For accesing to website from a PC or Mobile you must follow the steps that Xiden said, this is due to dream-key.com domain still belongs to sega europe, but thanks to kazade dns we can have our own dream-key.com domain.

rjay63: I will check that issue that you comment, but maybe images loading can be the problem

Thanks all for your reports and I will try to optimize as better I can

hadyn
letterbomb

Post#85 » Wed May 27, 2020 7:52 am

Xiden wrote:
Just a note to everyone, the dreamcast web browsers can be wonky at times. Sometimes it will get hung up on images or what not. I know roareye did his best to compress all images to make them more dreamcast dial up friendly as browser memory fills fast. Unfortunately I don't think much more optimizations could be applied to help. (I think it could be due to large background image loading causing hangups)

The behaviour of the website today using DreamPi is exactly how I remember browsing the internet with a PAL Dreamcast back in the day. Lots of hangs up etc and needing to cancel and reload to get pages to work.

However I do think it all runs a lot quicker and nicer with DreamPi.

aldair
Metallic

Post#86 » Wed May 27, 2020 8:06 am

hadyn
letterbomb

Post#87 » Wed May 27, 2020 8:45 am

jial wrote:Hi to all

Hadyn: I don´t have any register about shibuya time trial, maybe it's a bug in uploading, I will review it to be sure.

I did try to upload twice, each time with a confirmation screen.

Hopefully this will be sorted soon.

hadyn
letterbomb

Post#88 » Wed May 27, 2020 8:45 am

aldair wrote:

Nice to see it working on someone else’s DC!

rjay63
Beats of Rage

Post#89 » Thu May 28, 2020 5:08 pm

Xiden wrote:
For now you can add host entry in windows/mac for 90.69.133.247 metropolis.dream-key.com

Nice, thank you for this :)

I have noticed some minor spelling mistakes within the World Time Trials leaderboards (circuit names):

San Francisco - Fisherman's Wharf

Hide North III should read Hyde North III

San Francisco - Financial

Sansome Nouth should read Samsome North
Steuart North should read Stuart North
Stevart South should read Stuart South

London - Westminster

Abingdom Street South should read Abingdon Street South.
My Metropolis Street Racer Blog: http://www.msrdreamcast.blogspot.com
MSR ghosts/time trials and official DLC: https://www.dreamcastlive.net/metropoli ... r-dlc.html

jial
Developer

Post#90 » Fri May 29, 2020 4:06 am

rjay63 wrote:
Xiden wrote:

Nice, thank you for this :)

I have noticed some minor spelling mistakes within the World Time Trials leaderboards (circuit names):

San Francisco - Fisherman's Wharf

Hide North III should read Hyde North III

San Francisco - Financial

Sansome Nouth should read Samsome North
Steuart North should read Stuart North
Stevart South should read Stuart South

London - Westminster

Abingdom Street South should read Abingdon Street South.

All texts fixed!! Thanks