Metropolis Street is Racer Back Online!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

jial
Developer

Re: Metropolis Street Racer Back Online!

Post#61 » Tue May 19, 2020 7:25 am

Hi thanks to you for your comments, it will help me to improve the website and I hope that all msr fans can enjoy its online function now. Please , as I said, any bug, suggestion or anything, write me. If the peoples don´t report more bugs in few days, I will release all source code and website throught pcwzrd13's website as always.

Cheers

hadyn
letterbomb

Post#62 » Tue May 19, 2020 2:38 pm

I'll probably have another session on MSR soon and will try to upload my Speed Challenge times.

I recently played the game and managed to race the ghost attack cars no problem.

Are there any plans to put more ghost attack cars on the site?

jial
Developer

Post#63 » Tue May 19, 2020 4:12 pm

Hi, by the moment there is not plans to upload new ghost attack files. But if people want the site can evolve and adding more content. As far as I know sega had several ghost attack files but all these material is missing and it will be fantastic recover the files.

hadyn
letterbomb

Post#64 » Wed May 20, 2020 4:22 pm

Played some more MSR today. I can confirm that the speed challenge now uploads fine. :)

Ghost attacks are working fine too and I think the car disappeared initially because of one of the many MSR in game bugs.

Noticed a couple of things:

- The confirmation screen from uploading to the speed challenge (might have been a time trial) spelt Tokyo as Tokio - spelling will need to be corrected.

- There is no Shibuya new time trial to download despite there being a leaderboard for it.

- I had to upload my kudos twice to get the leaderboard to update to show my new score.

I followed your advice when uploading world time trials and checked the information after uploading to find the relevant leaderboard. It's also worth noting that you only have to click the upload button for the time trial to be posted, you don't need to find the actual leaderboard and then upload to it.

Also would it be possible to put the time trials that are on dreampipe's VMU section on the MSR website?

Heres the stream. The website stuff is at the end:

https://youtu.be/FF7aKwwOMT8

jial
Developer

Post#65 » Wed May 20, 2020 6:36 pm

- The confirmation screen from uploading to the speed challenge (might have been a time trial) spelt Tokyo as Tokio - spelling will need to be corrected.

Fixed! Was my mistake because in spanish it's written with "i" instead "y"

- There is no Shibuya new time trial to download despite there being a leaderboard for it.

Fixed too!!

- I had to upload my kudos twice to get the leaderboard to update to show my new score.

It's a very strange but I will review it . One question, was an updated kudos score or a new one? Thanks for your report

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#66 » Wed May 20, 2020 6:38 pm

I did a bunch of laps for the Speed Challenge today Working great!

rjay63
Beats of Rage

Post#67 » Wed May 20, 2020 7:59 pm

I downloaded a couple of New Time Trials today and was able to see one of my times hit the leaderboard (there is another but I know there is sometimes a short wait before it become visible).

Sometimes it hung when I tried to log in (to post a New Time Trial time) so I had to refresh the browser on a few occasions (only a minor problem though).

I will be looking into the World Time Trials section very shortly. However if each course has only one leaderboard, the top times are going to be dominated by players using "clear" weather conditions. Those who want to post times racing in wet conditions may not get a look in (as you would naturally be slower). Then again, you may end with too many leaderboards (divided up by car type, weather, automatic / manual gears etc). Maybe the leaderboard can display this information alongside the times (if possible or desired).

I was also going to mentioned the absence of the Shibuya New Time Trial file but I see hadyn kindly reported that and it has now been fixed. Thank you Jial!
My Metropolis Street Racer Blog: http://www.msrdreamcast.blogspot.com
MSR ghosts/time trials and official DLC: https://www.dreamcastlive.net/metropoli ... r-dlc.html

jial
Developer

Post#68 » Thu May 21, 2020 2:58 am

Hi all,

I review last bugs reported and ...

The hanging issue it's due to a loading the background image, then sometimes meanwhile you are introducing your credential can freeze, once loaded that image all works fine.

About records that don´t is showed after upload, was a cache problem. The browser I don´t know why keep a old version of page until you force to reload and ask for current version. Now I force by code to don´t cache that pages. Please test it to be sure that works.

About dividing the leaderboards by weather, car, and so on, that is a little bit complicated because, as you said rjay63 we will have a lot of leaderboards. Adding more info wouldnt be a good idea because the car name is very long and with the rest of fields can fill all screen with a lot of information, furthermore my idea was recreate the original website. I know that is not desirable because some users will have advantage.

My idea restoring that sites is feel same experience like dreamcast era.

Greetings and thanks a lot for your help, it help me a lot to improve the site and solve bugs

hadyn
letterbomb

Post#69 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:32 am

rjay63 wrote: Sometimes it hung when I tried to log in (to post a New Time Trial time) so I had to refresh the browser on a few occasions (only a minor problem though).

I remember this happening when browsing the web on my DC back in the day and still does it today when using DreamPi. I think its just a quirk of browsing on a DC.

jial
Developer

Post#70 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:33 am

anyone can confirm me that cache bug is solved?? Thanks