Someone is restoring Gundam VS Online

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Banditpaw1
rebel

Re: Someone is restoring Gundam VS Online

Post#21 » Fri May 15, 2020 1:29 pm

dreamcast ™ wrote:... I'll know for sure either today or tomorrow.

Did you ever get to test it out?

Shuouma
Developer

Post#22 » Fri May 15, 2020 2:00 pm

Glad dreamcast ™ (Mr 100%) resurrected.............

The developer of this software is a well-known ps2 reverser. We are lucky this game also is for the DC.
The DNS will be fixed throught the dreampi dns server. To decrease the lag of the online part, a UDP proxy needs to be added, like other ps2 games and for us the DC part.

Don't want to stress the developer so have been laying low on this, but when finished of course we will have it for the dreampi and I will host it (if allowed).

//Shu

Banditpaw1
rebel

Post#23 » Fri May 15, 2020 2:36 pm

Shuouma wrote:Glad dreamcast ™ (Mr 100%) resurrected.............

The developer of this software is a well-known ps2 reverser. We are lucky this game also is for the DC.
The DNS will be fixed throught the dreampi dns server. To decrease the lag of the online part, a UDP proxy needs to be added, like other ps2 games and for us the DC part.

Don't want to stress the developer so have been laying low on this, but when finished of course we will have it for the dreampi and I will host it (if allowed).

//Shu

Good to know, I assumed since it was all publicly available it wouldn't be a bad idea to share it here just to show others that not all Japanese online games have to stay lost. But I can see how you might want to keep this on the down low due to what pressure people might place on the developers (intentional or not) and the adverse effects it can have.

On the off chance I come across something like this again (which is unlikely as I have no coding knowledge of any kind so Im not sure how I found it to begin with), I'll keep out any direct links or "names drops" until its more publicly announced.

Still optimistically hopeful that any other jp games might be similar enough to bring them back online. I suppose on time will tell

Xiden
Developer

Post#24 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:29 pm

Banditpaw1 wrote:
Shuouma wrote:Glad dreamcast ™ (Mr 100%) resurrected.............

//Shu

Good to know, I assumed since it was all publicly available it wouldn't be a bad idea to share it here just to show others that not all Japanese online games have to stay lost. But I can see how you might want to keep this on the down low due to what pressure people might place on the developers (intentional or not) and the adverse effects it can have.

On the off chance I come across something like this again (which is unlikely as I have no coding knowledge of any kind so Im not sure how I found it to begin with), I'll keep out any direct links or "names drops" until its more publicly announced.

Still optimistically hopeful that any other jp games might be similar enough to bring them back online. I suppose on time will tell

I think since he did make a public github it was safe to share :) I think shu meant we don't want to bug the dev with a bunch of questions or suggestions as it appears someone (not anyone on this forum btw) may be doing. Once the dev has everything ironed out and is ready for Dreamcast Hardware port we can certainly assist him if he needs :)

I agree that this could certainly help other JP games come back online, especially if they used a similar online structure!

Shuouma
Developer

Post#25 » Fri May 15, 2020 4:40 pm

Yes sorry, Xiden clarified my post.

Shuouma
Developer

Post#26 » Thu May 21, 2020 4:29 pm

Hmm, if anyone can fix the cdi version of this game....I can continue the UDP proxy on the dreampi for the lag, PM would be good?

@mrneo240

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#27 » Thu May 21, 2020 4:59 pm

Shuouma wrote:Hmm, if anyone can fix the cdi version of this game....I can continue the UDP proxy on the dreampi for the lag, PM would be good?

Check yer emails. :)
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Shuouma
Developer

Post#28 » Thu May 21, 2020 5:55 pm

Good work, cya on WWP ;)

Banditpaw1
rebel

Post#29 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:01 pm

Im growing increasingly excited

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#30 » Wed May 27, 2020 2:00 pm

Shu and I did some testing today. Successfully connected and chatted in the lobby on real hardware. That's as far as we got though. This game is brutally Japanese so it's a bit of a chore to navigate. Also doesn't have keyboard support which is a bummer.

Lobby.jpg
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live